Article from the daily condom on Mike Williams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Apr 2, 2004.

1. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Anyone who calls Mike Williams greedy is just jealous. Are we greedy when we take a great job with high pay? No. So basically what they're saying is that because that great job pays as much as it does, then MW is geedy? That's the definition of jealosy.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Yeah, I guess that's the way of our society now...

...nowadays we ALL want things before we deserve them...

...NOBODY wants to pay dues, to work their way up...

...which is why immigrants from other countries will take menial jobs before American kids will...

...because WE WANT IT, AND WE WANT IT NOW...

...the hell with payin' dues - I want to be on the board of directors (or at least gettin' the same $$$) straight out of HS...

...which is why I HATE pro sports - look at college hoops today - soon there will be no more great college players in ANY major sports because they'll all turn pro after HS...

...and we'll all be rooting for LSUJC teams...

...when he signed on at SC he made a COMMITMENT. I guess those don't count for much anymore in college sports...or life....

...and as much as I hate SC, they gave him a national stage. Do you think he would be turning pro now if he went to McNeese State??????

...BTW I'm not JEALOUS of Mike Williams. I already have a great job & make great $$$. I just wonder who is giving him advice. Prior to this he would have had to wait another year before turning pro...

...I would have said the same thing even if this guy went to LSU...

...this thing is just another BAD thing for college football in general...

...the next thing will be HS players going straight to the NFL...

...and that will be a sad day indeed...

...because of GREEDY players (and their "agents") who want the $$$$ now.

When college FB becomes JC football (like college hoops is becoming), we'll look back on days like this...

3. bayareatiger

Who said ANYTHING about Tyco executives??????

I CERTAINLY don't recall mentioning THEM in my post!!!!! :cuss:

OK OK you ratted me out - Koslowski is my uncle. :D

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

JMO, but I don't believe Mike Williams is greedy at all. He's simply ready for professional ball. Completely ready.

The NFL's silent agreement to protect the university CFB system insures a stable, economic method of meeting the quality requirements of it's future product. But when universitys invest in the high stakes game of recruiting (at the D-I level), they expect to be able to realize the economic value of their investment. CFB is very big business with a very big payday, something I quite sure LSU is becoming familiar with.

Hate the game, don't hate the player.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You hit the nail on the head Tigerlaw. Who among us can honestly say we wouldn't have taken an incredibly high paying job of our dreams in our sophomore years if we had been so lucky as to have it offered to us.

6. bayareatiger

Bengal - the gist of your argument is correct if the university had given you nothing. But that's not the case here - Mike Williams was given a scholarship to a well-known institution which provided him a national stage to exhibit his wares. I believe he owes them his commitment in return.

7. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

Well SAID!

8. bayareatiger

What about SC's commitment to him????

That doesn't matter?

If so then why sign guys up? Just let 'em jump from team to team, I say....

He IS greedy because he is depending upon a court ruling to help him get to the NFL EARLIER than he would have.

I DON'T feel sorry for him if it backfires on him.....

...and Clarett...

9. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

F#$@ USC, they get to free up another scholarship. Anyways last time I checked USC got a co-national championship w/ the help of contributions by Mike. Both parties benefitted from his two years at USC. Who in their right mind would pass up a realistic shop of being drafted in the first five pics.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no one in their right mind would. that dude is (pardon the overused term) a freak! his size and speed alone make him a freak even at the NFL level. He could be one of a handful to ever play if his desire is there.