Article in the Mobile Register

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEd, Oct 25, 2002.

1. TigerEd

TigerEd Freshman

Here is a link to an article in the Mobile Register where the Auburn football team is talking about how rude our fans were last year when they came into Tiger Stadium.I certainly can understand when fans get caught up in this kind of nonsense but, I have to question when players are talking about how rude their fans got treated before during or after a ballgame.

I simply cannot imagine Coach Saban using fan mistreatment as a motivational tool to get his team ready for a football game.

www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in...tandard.xsl?/base/sports/1035537420324580.xml

2. bpell

bpell Freshman

talk about rationalization!!!! You'd swear we pulled out his grandmother's teeth or something. Memories get short when you're the underdog

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Sounds like a bunch of crybabies to me.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

now, now, now . .

this is the same team that used cigars as motivation for the 2001 game 2 years later. . .

This also looks like its coming from the players . .I don't see CTT's name anywhere. If the players felt they were mistreated and are using at motivation . .i don't see any problem with that. Its no different on how LSU felt about the cigars.

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

chuck, I don't have a problem with them using it as motivation, either. Players should be allowed to use whatever they please as motivation. I do find it a bit humorous that the team that is discussing "sportsmanship" is the same team that smoked "victory cigars" on the field in Tiger Stadium, stomped on and taunted the Tiger Eye and one of whom disrespected the LSU band. They're entitled to use whatever they please as motivation, but complaining about lack of "sportsmanship" to newspaper writers reeks of hypocrisy.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Man Auburn makes me MAD

I had about 2 paragraphs of Crap that I wanted to say to the Auburn fans on this Board but I erased it because, I guess I had a OPRAH MOMENT. But I do think that Auburn has started this whole thing and now they are taking the high road. It gets to me too that we have posters on her that start out excluding certain Auburn fans because they are so called friends on this board and then they bash the Chicken Heads up and down (TT that aint TUBBY EITHER).

In 1995 I sat on the Northend of the stadium and LSU beat Auburn in Dinardo's first home game and as we walked back to our cars we past the visitors Gate the Southeast of the Stadium LSU fans were having a great time and AUBURN FANS were coming out of the stadium tring to pick fights with LSU Fans. This is the main reason I HATE AUBURN they are HYPOCRITES. The same poeple that post on this board that act like they are sooooooo nice on here rip LSU fans on other boards.

Well I guess I woke up from the OPRAH MOMENT but this was much better than the first post I erased

WE'RE COMING AND WE'RE WHOPPIN SOME BOOTY

7. TigerEd

TigerEd Freshman

Chuck,

Maybe I missed it but, I don't remember any LSU players talking about the Auburn football team smoking cigars after that ballgame. I don't suppose I have a problem with them using it as motivation, and my comment about Coach Saban using that as a motivational tool, was not to imply that Coach Tubberville was, I just meant that I feel Coach Saban likes to keep his team focused on the football game at hand. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like Coach Saban would have a real problem with his players making comments like that in the paper. Let me add that none of this is intended to bash Coach Tubberville. Lord knows that's happening enough on the Auburn boards.

Geaux Tigers!