Article: Jefferson steps up...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Apr 8, 2011.

1. King Joey

King Joey Founding Member

I'm not telling you what you meant, I'm telling you what you wrote.
    It does when what you say you believe is that there is no possibility. "I believe it is impossible" most certainly connotes a belief that "there exists no possibility." And "I do not think we can" is very much similar phrasing to "I believe it is impossible".
    Using words the way they are defined is very plain. When someone says, "I do not think we can" when what they really mean is "I think it is unlikely that we will," THAT is not speaking plainly.
    What could be less ambiguous than than the exact meaning of the words? Using words that mean one thing to express something slightly different, THAT is ambiguous.
    I know enough. And I am right about the language. Apparently, you meant, "I do not think it is likely that we will," but instead wrote, "I do not think we can," which means something different.
    Again, I'm not lecturing you and I'm not telling you your opinion. I promise, I'm not. I'm telling you what you wrote that your opinion is. I understand that your opinion is actually something different. I get that. I really do.

:eek:ldskule::geaux::eek:ldskule:

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Well Put Red :thumb:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

:dis: :insane:

I know you don't know it, podnuh, but you've gone 'round the bend. You just used 47 words to say "I'm confused". Your last sentence is logical madness. I never once said "I believe it is impossible". You made that up and are being intellectually dishonest.

It wouldn’t be inaccurate to assume that I couldn’t exactly not say that it is or isn’t almost partially incorrect to say that I'm done with you. On the contrary. I’m possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably do or do not know that I shouldn’t probably be, if that indeed wasn’t where I'm not.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Red, please stop stealing Les Miles quotes without giving a citation. :D

5. King Joey

King Joey Founding Member

Okay.

:eek:ldskule::geaux::eek:ldskule:

6. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

If you're not a politician already, you could cetainly be a great one!

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

"Obfuscation is the concealment of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, intentionally ambiguous, and more difficult to interpret."

The Bill O'Riley word of the day!

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Red's gonna be so happy about this...:rofl:

9. msully

msully Founding Member

We will see

The 1st game will tell us about Jefferson We have seen his best , but not against a team like the Oregon Ducks . He did look like a HS QT against Auburn last year , hope he looks better against the Oregon Ducks . If not then we can look for at least 3 L's this season.