Article: Jefferson steps up...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Apr 8, 2011.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

You all may be right, I didn't even know about the bum thumb until I watched the ESPN recording. The question that keeps running through my head is whether LSU can win an SEC championship with him. Will he understand how to manage an offense and read defenses? Can we count on him to convert those 3rd downs on crucial drives? To make the big plays in the big games, as you would expect a senior leader to do? We'll find out in 5 months, but for the moment color me very skeptical.

2. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

His biggest issue is having trouble reading the defense correctly. There is no doubt that he has the ability to make throws if he reads the defense and foretell where the pressure will come from. Besides, it's really up to his belief in himself, which has been questioned continually once he made bad decision in the past.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You gotta love Les Miles. He could make Ron Kovic believe he could win a foot race.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Miles has to get this qb stuff straight. He gets paid to produce a quality product. I want to believe he will. I was very happy he stayed and I will be very happy when he presents a quality championship team this fall. Get to work , Les, and fix this qb play now.

5. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

I think Miles will eventually come around, but it might have to take a game when a very costly error is made in the (veteran) QB play, and it costs LSU a victory. :dis:

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

11-2 and the most winnngst coach in LSU history is pretty quality. I think he is past I think he has earned a smidge of trust

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We could lose 54 to 53 and some will blame it on JJ.

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Let's cross that mystical bridge when we get to it.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I think he means 54-53 combined score midway through the season.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'll say this.

If anyone was expecting an explosive offensive display during the spring game, well, that's your fault for letting minor statements such as "improved" and "making strides" be comprehended as "breaking out". It was a spring scrimmage game, nothing less, nothing more. Spring. Scrimmage.
    -
    If the LSU offense came out and lit up the LSU defense, I'd be scared to death right now. Funny though...pretty much to a man (or woman as the case may be), everyone complaining about the lack of "breaking out" by the QB is ooohing and ahhhing at our amazing secondary. Hmmmm....
    -
    I saw minor improvements myself. A lot of people claim now that they don't expect much improvement between now and September 3rd, but seemingly expected MIRACLES over a couple of weeks of spring practice with a brand new OC/QB coach.
    -
    144 more days...

1 person likes this.