Article on Dan Dickau w/ references to Pistol Pete

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jan 21, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Dickau/Pistol

Nice article focusing on Dickau's developement in basketball and the effects Pistol had on him.

[​IMG]

2. friday

friday Founding Member

in a league of thugs and malcontents, you gotta love the dan dickau story. I have watched most of the hornets games since he came over from dallas. Although he may not be the most talented, this kid has about the highest basketball IQ of any young player in the NBA and he has a great outside shot, to boot. after I read that article about his admiration for the pistol, it all made sense to me. the floppy hair, the skinny legs, the no look passes... if he can get better defensively, there's no reason this guy couldn't become the next steve nash.

3. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

good read - thanks

4. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

Although they have only won 6 games, the Hornets are really improving !
    Trading away two over-34 year old players (David Wesley/Darrel Armstrong) for two good young players was a GREAT move.
    Dichau and Nachbar are good, young players. I think JR Smith is going to be a star. He can shoot, and he hustles. Magliore and Davis are the long term keys. They are only in their 5th year, which is not old. Now, can Byron Scott get them to "buy in" to his system.
    They should trade PJ next - although I like him, he is 35 and still has market value. Get more youth.
    I wish that the Hornets would try to get Stro Swift. He would be a great fit.

5. smoovedog

smoovedog Founding Member

That was an outstanding read....
    I think he and baron will form an incredible backcourt (moving baron to SG). It is great to see a real man in the nba, not a little rich punk.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Speaking of Maravich... why doesn't that Maravich kid on LSU's bball team ever get any PT... he can't be anyworse than the bench already is.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

All Brady has to do to fire the crowd up is to put Maravich in the game. Every time he does get in, the crowd goes completely nuts.

8. peterkylesen

peterkylesen Freshman

This guy sounds like me, except that I chose not to pursue a NBA career....(or college for that matter)

I read Heir to a Dream about once a year though.

9. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

The biggest problem with the Hornets is the salary cap. Each NBA can basically have two players that make the league maximum salary. Every team must rely on those two guys to carry the load. The Hornets two players are Mashburn and Davis. Davis is constantly having nagging injuries and Mashburn is just a big pu$$y who doesn't want to play. He's getting paid something like $17 million and he doesn't even want to sit on the bench - unless the Hornets are playing in Miami. He's not only a waste, but he's bringing down the whole team because of his salary. IF only someone would take his lazy A$$ off of the Hornets' hands, they might be able to bring in a stud player.

10. friday

friday Founding Member

why would any team take on a player with a huge guaranteed contract who has less than a 50/50 shot of playing in the NBA again? believe me, if mashburn could play, he would be paying. but right now, the hornets are better off without him. this team's progress would only be stymied by a guy who only knows one thing: one on one basketball