Article on Devery

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Jan 16, 2005.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

2. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Can anyone give a reason why Haslett gets an extention? I think i'm done with the Saints.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The team started playing well in the last 4 weeks. The defense was pathetic for the first 2/3 of the season and then Haslett started calling plays. The offense was decent all year so hopefully next year the defense will play like it did at the end of this year.

And besides, the Saints were 8-8, better than lots of teams. Unless they were going to get a high profile coordinator like Romeo Crommel, then I think Haslett is better than anyone available.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Well it was mainly cause the Saints won their final four games of the season and finished strong, otherwise I'm pretty sure Haslett would have been canned. Also, the man did lead the Saints to their very first playoff win ever and since no other Saints coach could do that in the team's 30 something illustrious years (sarcasm), there's something to be said about him.

I don't have a problem with the extension, cause I've always liked Haslett.
    [​IMG]

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i may be wrong, but i think haslett isnt so cheap. above average nfl head coach salary

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It seems that he isn't so cheap. I took this little bit from an article.

This is from an article written a few years ago when Haslett signed his new contract...

7. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

The offense didn't score a touchdown in the first quater for like 13 games or something. What offense were you wathing?

8. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

i think he makes in the neighborhood of $3.5mm per year

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

The fact that the Saints have been around so long and he was the only coach to ever lead them to a playoff win, tells me that he must know what he's doing. The conditions that these coaches have to work under in New Orleans don't seem to be a very conducive for success, so for him to win a playoff game tells me that he's probably the best coach to ever lead this team. I say give him two more years to prove he can bring this team back to the playoffs, then think about booting him. What has the organization got to lose?

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, Im becoming more and more of a Texans fan. In fact, I might just order a DD jersey today.