Article on Kevin Faulk

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Nice article.

Not 100% sure he's been the best role model, as you'll recall, he decided to go to LSU to stay closer to his kidS. I guess that's a double edged sword. Good he went to LSU and stayed by the offspring. Bad that dude had multiple kids before college!

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

Can't fault a man for loving gettin' it on.

4. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I don't think his having kids has been the reason for Faulk possibly not being the best role model. Unlike so many other teens who have kids, Faulk has been able to provide for his children because of his athletic ability. Not too many others are as fortunate to be able to be in a similar situation. If there has been a fault with Faulk it's probably been with some of the "hangers-on" or people who surrounded him or whom he's chosen to be around. A while back, two of his "associates" were mixed up in some trouble with the law up in Mass., which didn't reflect very well on Faulk. But remember he was cleared of any wrongdoing in the altercation with Lafayette Police a few year's ago.

5. NoLimitMD

If you're right about supporting his kids, you're insinuating that we were paying athletes to come to LSU. How does a high school kid adequately support two kids? Or a college student? If you think having two kids before even graduating from high school is a good role model, Shawn Kemp must be your idol!

6. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

well if he lives close to BR, then his relatives can take care of the kids while he is not able to. Or perhaps his wife or girlfriend who carried the babies. I don't know enough about his situation though.

7. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Either you're playing ignorant or you are...

I'll dumb it down for you: Faulk's athletic ability has carried him to the NFL where he has made money to support his children. I did not condone Faulk having two children before graduating high school, but he is to be commended for taking care of those children and not abandoning them, which is often the case. And, if one was to find fault with Kevin Faulk it's not this situation but the one area where he's had some minor problems has been with some of his associates.

8. NoLimitMD

Re: Either you're playing ignorant or you are...

No need to dumb it down. You're not a particularly good role model for taking care of your kids. Like Chris Rock said, "You're supposed to care of your kids. What, you want a cookie?"

He essentially won the sports lottery in being able to play professionally and avoid serious injury. Seeing how rare that success is among high school athletes, having kids before that realization is simply not being a good role model. I don't know enough about the supposed minor problems to comment on those.

9. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

First off, you don't know me or my children and so STFU about things of which you know nothing about. Second, I've been covering Kevin Faulk since he was at Carencro High School. He didn't win the "sports lottery," he used his God-given ability and hard work to carry him to LSU and on to the NFL. Why do you act as if this were just given to him. He was smart enough to use his athletic ability to make a better life for him and his family. He still had to go to practice, perform in games, go to school and remain academically eligible as well as be good enough to make an NFL roster. If, as your sig indicates you're a physician, then I guess we're to assume you won the "medical lottery?"
    As I stated earlier, I don't condone him having children while in high school, but on the flip side Faulk is to be commended for providing for his children, when so many athletes today have not.

10. NoLimitMD

Holy crap, get over yourself. I can be more understanding if you're some two bit reporter from Carencro, which might explain your inability to grasp simple points. I wasn't saying YOU as in referring to your kids. Jeez, what's that got to do with anything.

There are thousands of guys that work hard and are talented and still don't make it. And nobody knows at the point that he's firing out kids that they're going to have that financial security. So for a kid to see him do it and make it is simply not a good thing. That's my point. Of course Faulk has busted his tail to get where he's at, and I heartily applaud that.

And you don't know anything about my sig, so STFU implying that it's medically related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.