Article on Kevin Faulk

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

Truly amazing...

Let's get one thing straigh Jack in the Box...just because a "kid" has a kid, doesn't mean they are ready and mature enough to have a child. People don't choose to start a family when they are in high school. It generally happens by mistake, stupidity or LACK OF MATURITY.

That being said, I can care less that he had kid(s) before going to LSU. If he was able to take care of them, great. The fact that he took care of his kids doesn't make him a role model. HE IS SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE FOR HIS FAMILY (which is exactly what NoLimitMD said).

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Wow, talk about missing the point.

I don't recall anyone saying that Faulk is a role model based on the fact that he took care of his kids.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I hope I am my sons' role model, not any athlete. And throw in a bunch of other great dads in our area that spend an inordinate amount of time with kids. These are the guys I want kids looking up to and a good parent leads his child in that direction.

Kevin Faulk is a great Tigah and a great Patriot. He is also a guy that has matured into what appears to be a good man. He made a big mistake when he was a teen, lord knows many have. If he were going to be a role model, which I'm sure he is to some guys, especially those without a father to look up to and to look after him, than I think the way he carries himself as an adult is a good example.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It looks like the strain of no DC and lack of committments is wearing on peoples' nerves. Chill out guys. One has an opinion and the other adds his own opinion then suddenly it's menopause time. :thumb:

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

6. BigJ31

BigJ31 Founding Member

When is Faulk scheduled to become a FA?

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow, was it entirely necessary for everyone to take a collective crap on a thread about such a great former tiger?

I remember my favorite Kevin Faulk moment for LSU. It was a game against Notre Dame where he was returning a kick. He had several guys running pace for pace with him at midfield trying to catch him, then he went into another gear. He left them behind and the gap between them widened a lot by the time he scored. The broadcasters seemed stunned that he was able to outrun the amazingly talented Notre Dame players......

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

it doesnt mean they are not ready either. for all i know kevin faulk was ready to be a parent and kicked ass at it from the start. we cant really assume anything, jack in the box.

who are you to know why people make decisions. some people are probably ready and choose to have a kid very young. many years ago, people used to have children much earlier than they do now. was everybody making mistakes or stupid or immature back then?

point: kevin faulk may have been a competent father from the start, and we have no idea. he might be a great role model. who cares anyways.

9. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

Who am I to know????

How about some common sense man?!?!?!?!

Let's see...teenage pregnancy = good to you...:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

You'll have a tough time garnering any support for your position there. Maybe you can tour local high schools and rip up rubbers in your support of teenage pregancy. Additionally, you can march around Free Speech Alley at LSU and burn a pile of diaphrams or something.

Come on dude...how about a little common sense. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

you seem to be unable to understand that not all situations are the same, and that you dont know everything about every situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.