Article on Smoke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Logan, May 25, 2005.

1. Logan

Logan Founding Member

Last time I posted an article (JaMarcus Russell interview) from the Mobile Register, it got deleted, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong by posting another :confused:

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

"If you can get hot for 48 or 72 hours, do you want to get hot this weekend or next weekend or the following weekend? I think if I had my choice, it'd be in the next two weekends and not the one coming up."

I wouldn't have a problem w/ this philosophy if we didn't have to make a decent showing in B'ham to get a top 8 seed, and thus home field advantage
    throughout the NCAA playoffs. But the reality of the matter is, we DO have to make a decent showing at the SEC tourney, and we got off to a miserable start there today.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

We have won the SEC West, and that's enough LSU baseball accomplishment for me.

Right?

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You probably did back then what you did just now. Try posting in this format:

> Link to User Agreement <

5. Logan

Logan Founding Member

That's exactly what I did. Last time I teased it and provided the link. But if you clicked on the link you had to provide your zipcode and age/sex to access the article. Maybe that had something to do with it?

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Well, so far this article is a load of bulls**t.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

WTF?

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Have to agree!!!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

JMO, I don't agree. You don't preach to your players that it is alright not to be competitive from time to time. You let them know that everytime they step to the plate, nothing but their best is expected. I, personally, do not like this attitude at all.

From the above quote from smoke, I assume that we will go out there tomorrow morning and just go through the motions, with no regard of whether we win or lose. I know that baseball is different in some aspects than other sports, but you should strive to win every game, to include midweek games with non conference opponents.

A chance to host a super, if we win the regional, is nothing to just piss away.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

thanks for posting this Logan.