Article on Urban Meyer - His True Colors Reveled, once again!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsuforever, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

thats why i love Romie

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Most of what I read from Gator fans dismisses the whole thing and blames the media, the writer, etc.

For the most part, it appears most Gator fans aren't too concerned about the fact that 30 Gator players under Meyer have been arrested. These last two losses against top 10 teams has them in a tizzy though.

Say what you want about Miles but he either recruits better quality people or does a better job of controlling and shaping them once they are at LSU.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Bingo...its not just what you're reading. This is the tone from talk shows and word on the street. No one around here gives a flying eff how many athletes at that school have been arrested. Most dont know or care.

4. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Having been involved with LE investigations into domestic violence (and the court system in general), I would not be so quick to think that "all" he did was send a text. Quite often, charges levied by prosecutors are below the actual actions of the person charged...the charges reflect what the prosecutor thinks they can either plead or get a conviction on, NOT what actually happened. I'd be shocked if "all" he did was send her a text. Usually there's a ton of dirt under the actual charges (especially in a rabid college town where the accused is an athlete on a team that's won a couple of BCS NCs in the past few years...5-O tends to look the other way in these cases unless the dude is bad news..in my experience).

That said, if it were your child...would you seriously shrug off a 'time to die' text to them from an angry significant other??? Or anyone? Someone sends that to my kid, and I'm the one in jail...for kicking the **** out of the little **** that texted that to my kid.

We've had our issues with a handful of players under CLM (and under other recent coaches), but no one whose been in trouble has been given a joke of a punishment. Remember...was it in '07?...when the guy tried to steal the car from the impound lot...and CUM gave him a slap on the wrist? I just can't see CLM doing that. And I like him all the more for it.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'd be surprised if the girl's father didn't put some change on Rainey's head.

(Happens all the time in New Orleans.)

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Good point. He fights for the same recruits but when they get here they don' get into the same stuff that they do at Ga, Fla, Tenn, Ect. I wonder if Janzen Jackson had come to LSU if he would have had a different story. He was guilt of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know he was exonerated - but its a college town, he's a 5-star recruit, and he was there with trouble some people. Just wonder.

Mama's don't let your baby's grow up to be Gators, or Bulldogs, or Volunteers, or . . anything but Tigers!!

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. I posted this in the college forum before I knew it was in the den, but it bares repeating here. This move reeks of desperation for FU. C.U.M and the Gaytors have definitely taken the title of 'Thug U' away from the 'Canes.

Say what you want about Miles, but he does run a clean program and would never allow a d-bag like Rainey back on the team.

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Yep. He was yet another suspended player who conveniently managed to get un-suspended just in time to play in the LSU game.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ive told many bitches i would kill them via text. this is good to know.

1 person likes this.
  10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

As many have mentioned thats the one thing we all can agree on about Miles is that he runs LSU with integrity. The programs values are in higher regard than winning. I cant stand that piece of scum Cryer ever since what he did to Peterson. I hope karma is a you know what to him.