As if it weren't bad enough

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Diplomatic BS.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Here's where you get yourself in trouble.

Had you said given all these factors such as new QB, average/young WRs, thin OL, and no star tailback which are all true statements the offense was understandably ineffective then I think people would be far more agreeable with you. You are suggesting our offense was somehow productive and it really wasn't. It was mediocre, but we had three All-Americans on defense, didn't turn the ball over, and had a world class kicking game. That is accurate. The offense was bad any way you slice it, but as you said there are legitimate reasons for it being that way that are not entirely based on poor coaching. Suggesting it was amazingly productive though, it's just inaccurate and disingenuous. Just my thoughts on how you could present your argument and have it better received.

didit, shane0911, furduknfish and 3 others like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Amazingly productive based on the woes we have with our offensive personnel was my point. I certainly am not saying this is a record setting offense but good enough to win 9 games, put 72 on A&M and get us to a major bowl. Anyway you look at at we outscored 9 SEC opponents. I appreciate your advice I really do but I know I am not going to change any minds here simply stating my points and beliefs so at least everyone knows my positon.

They are just wrong and whether they like it or not going to let them know.

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Claiming they are wrong and not being open to changing one's own philosophy of conversation to lead to better discourse is stubborn and closed. That's what Les was with his offensive philosophy that led us here. Why come here to a place for conversation and sharing opinions and perspectives if you aren't open to yours being influenced and adjusted? My perspectives are sharpened and broadened everytime I read a dissenting point of view because it leads me to concepts and thoughts I might never arrive at on my own.

You are wrong. We were not amazingly productive on offense based on those limitations. We were mediocre because of that. How are you incapable of seeing the difference? Amazingly productive despite that would be what Sean Payton did in 2006 leading a 3-13 team to the NFC Championship game with wide receivers like Terrence Copper and a rookie from Hofstra leading the way.. that was amazingly productive despite the dearth of talent. LSU's offense was ineffective. Les regularly won 9 games with vertically challenged offenses based off incredible defense and special teams. Would you say our offenses by and large under Les were amazingly productive? C'mon, man.. be open-minded and you will enjoy your time here far more, and I think everyone else will enjoy your thoughts more.

No one likes the guy shouting in their face they are wrong, he's right, and gloating about his football knowledge and how he watches replays and they don't and isn't open to actual discourse. Why come to converse if you're just here to tell everyone else what they should think?

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well this is why there are so many flavors of ice cream. I see what I see and they see what they see. My taste in ice cream is coconut ice cream not a common flavor but I like it. My view is E is not our problem. Just wonder how many here spend the time reviewing the games as I do. Discourse? I have tried posting over and over tediously pointing out our problems on offense are yet told I am wrong and an old man or saying the same thing over and over again so screw discourse, where is their discourse?

I guess discourse in your view is agreeing with flock. Because I did play and I do enjoy watching replays to see why things work and don't work DOES mean something. It DOES add to my EDUCATED opinion of why this team is successful or not successful. This move to blame and ultimately to fire E is not only wrong it's lazy. Blaming the loss at A&M on E when we scored 72 points is insane. It is simply lazy to blame the OC for us not being undefeated. Just the fact that E was stuck with just one serviceable TE limted this offense a bunch. I see it others here don't. The fact that E has only has 3 months to work with Burrow was a huge issue. The fact that our recievers are young and probably the timing between Burrow and them is not there yet is a another problem. The fact that we dont have a take it to the house RB is another problem. The fact that for 8 games we did not have a cohesive OL because of injuries and suspensions was an enormous problem. How any person can see all this and ignore it and simply blame the OC is wrong. They are wrong I like coconut ice cream they don't.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

TigerEducated is that you?

Bengal B and furduknfish like this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Football is football doesnt matter if it's Tigers or Ragin Cajuns. I am tired of arguing about E anyway so all is a moot point. Recruiting is what I am looking at now. A great recruiting class will fix a lot of things. You guys spend your time blaming E I will spend mine following the 2019 class.

We got a bowl game to play and win

Go Tigers!

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

LOL

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I often laugh to when I have nothing intelligent to say, bet you laugh constantly. Of course you could fall back on your clever "and then" unsnappy comeback.

laughing-gif1.gif tumblr_inline_mnebhxoBhr1qz4rgp.gif