As if you need another reason to believe what a class act Shaq is...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Contained Chaos, May 25, 2005.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I had no idea that he was a reserve officer!

2. BB

BB Founding Member

He has stated on several occasions - including one time on The Tonight Show - that he would love to be a Sheriff in Texas or Louisiana after his basketball career.

I have no idea how serious he is, but I can definitely see Sheriff Shaq being elected in Baton Rouge in a landslide. I can see it now - huge posters of Shaq in a Sheriff's Hat with a mean look on his face and his 8" index finger pointed at potential gas thiefs above gas pumps. How about some Shaq public service announcements - how classic would that be?

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

If his badge was smaller than a dinner plate, nobody'd notice it. :hihi:

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It's one thing to talk about taking up public service after you retire. It's completely different to spend 'countless hours' doing it while you're still playing ball.

5. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

I for one, would be terrified of him being a sheriff. that would be a very imtimidating officer of the law eh?

6. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Does anyone know the scoop on whether or not he bought Saban's house, or another one in this area?

7. Consensus

Consensus Founding Member

I love this quote, espescially the part about him going undercover! :hihi:

"I put a lot into it, and when I am done playing, I plan on going undercover and then being the sheriff or chief of police somewhere, either Miami or Orlando, I don't know yet," O'Neal said recently. "Everyone knows the love I have for the people who defend the streets and the people who defend our country, the armed forces, the Army, Navy, Marines. I want to do something like that, help the community.

"And I want to do it the right way, like everybody else, not just a famous figurehead that gets a job because he is a famous basketball player. I want to really learn the business."