As usual, I don't understand

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Mar 2, 2006.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Another offensive lineman...............

Ole Miss signs offensive lineman Daverin Geralds to scholarship.
    Ranked as the No. 5 strong offensive guare in the nation by Max Emfinger.
    March 1, 2006

Ole Miss head football coach Ed Orgeron announced Wed. the signing of offensicve lineman Daverin Geralds of BR,La.

"Daverin is a great student-athlete and fills a need in our offensive line," Orgeron said. "We feel he can come in and provide immediate help."

Geralds, a 6'3", 305 pounder who played for coach Landry Williams at Scotlandville High School, was ranked as the no. 5 strong offensive guard in the nation by Max Emfinger, was rated the no. 27 overall player in La. by SuperPrep and was named to the All-Southeast team by PrepStar. SuperPrep also named him to is 2005 All-Southwest team.

A first team All-Metro and All District 8-3A selection as a junior, he was named honorable mention All-State by the BR Advocate as a senior when he was also chosen first-teeam All-District 6-4A on defense. He earned three letters in both football and track while playing at SHS.

He also excelled in the classroom, earning Academic All-State Class 4-A honors from the La H.S. Athletic Assoc.while being Valedictorian of his senior class.....also offered scholly from Stanford...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/27/2006
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------4* Alex Williams--OL__6'6" 300 lbs---N.O.-----OP Walker
    Bradley Sowell----OL-----6'8"-----350 lbs--Hernando, Ms

"DON'T ASK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

max is the biggest homer ever. what was he ranked on rivals? that will give you a much better idea of how good he really is.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

A kid that got a scholarship offer from Stanford went to Ole Miss?!?!

4. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

His nonedumacated parents probably told him Ole Miss was a better school because they had never heard of Stanford.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Seems to me that Coach O is primarily interested in being able to claim he's "building a fence around Louisiana" for his recruiting tactics later on in the year. I think he gets more pleasure out of getting Louisiana kids from LSU more than he does about getting players at other positions of need.

Then again...you know the whole saying: "you can never have too many linemen". ...So perhaps he's on to something?

6. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Max loves putting those 2 star athletes in his top 10.:hihi:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ask yourself. Is it easier to make grades at Stanford or Ole Miss? This is a major consideration for many players.

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I used to have a lot of respect for Emfinger until he started rating LSU's classes under Curly Hallman #1 in the nation! Same with DiNardo's classes. Also you never hear/see his classes used as a reference by USA Today or any other major news service any more.
    You can be sure that if Geralds was rated as highly as reported, LSU would have recruited him. I don't recall ever hearing him mentioned more than once or twice.

9. Perple

Perple Founding Member

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member