Assigned seating at movie theaters

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by uscvball, Jul 30, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

What the.......

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wrong thread. Should be in the Not Florida but...... thread.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not Florida butt?

kcal and KyleK like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

:D

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They have been doing that for years here. The seats are not typical, they are big recliners and they have staff that will bring you food, like pizza, nachos , burgers and most importantly beer.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

This.

I like it this way. I get to pick my seat before I go. I never have to stand in line as I print my ticket from home.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes, we have those theaters too, Cineopolis, and I have no problem with reserved seats for a premium price and experience, but that's not what I'm referring to here. These are regular seats, no bells and whistles....just pick your seat at the window and go sit in it.

Side note....those Cineopolis seats are a waste of money for me. I get inside a cool, dark theater, with reclining leather seats and wait service.....I fall asleep 20 minutes in.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why don't you buy the tickets online and avoid standing in line?

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's what I have typically, but not always done. I just don't want to be forced in to picking a seat prior to entering the theater, or forced in to staying in that seat should I find myself next to a talker, or in front of a seat-kicker.

Other issues....if you plan to attend the movie with other people, you may not get seats next to each other and in order to do so that means ONE party has to pay for all in advance. No thank you. What if the other people/person has to cancel last minute? They aren't going to want to pay for a movie they didn't see and then you have a riff. Which is why I think theaters did this in the first place, to avoid online cancellation requests. They are trying to FORCE people to keep the seats they purchased in advance but hey, shit happens.

And like I mentioned previously, I often go last-minute which means I would get stuck in line behind other people. No bueno.

Lastly, IMO movie-going is meant to be a casual stress-free experience. I don't want to walk in, find someone in my seat and have to hash that out. The theater doesn't provide attendants to quash seat squabbles. Concerts and sporting events charge a premium for obviously better seats and that is totally acceptable. But movies? It's a theater with limited seating comparatively and is roughy 90 minutes worth of entertainment.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We gotta work this out.