Astrology

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, Oct 20, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i know. thats the tragedy of women. particularly beautiful women who are never corrected or told to use their heads, because they dont need to. beautiful stupid women are never questioned.

a woman i know told me that she thinks all these women i know that always ask me my birthday and then calculate our compatibility are not actually serious they are just making conversation with me. but i ask them and they say they know it sounds kooky but they are believers. they have always dated some "controlling aquarius" or "arrogant gemini" or whatever. and as i am seething with hatred or them for being so stupid, i am still desperately trying to charm them and get their pants off.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

so if said beautiful woman says you arent compatible, and you want to get in her skirt, throw her off by bringing up this....

Earth’s ‘wobble’ means your zodiac sign may be wrong - Yahoo! News

just explain to her that when the wobble is factored in, you are highly compatible and she should take you back to her place immediately. :hihi:

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

wow that is actually a big story i saw it on the local news tonight. i remain relatively stunned by how many people are serious about it. they interviewed women on tv.

"yunno it turns out you are actuually a gemini"

"nope, i am a taurus, my personality is all taurus"

"sorry, you are a gemini, earthy and thoughtful or whatever"

"nope"

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is going to be a lot of money made on this. How can I make money with it on NASDAQ, I wonder?

Astrology devotees buy stock based on corporate birth dates. Now that the signs are changing, astrologists will be buying and selling.

Reverend Red's Church of Predictive Financial Astrology course, on DVD and Blu-ray?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

another thing women universally believe in is karma. anytimes something bad happens they swear up and down that whoever did it will get their comeuppance because of magic karma.

the thing is, karma doesnt have to be true. being a mean jerk is its own punishment. people who are doing all kindsa bad stuff are unhappy. thats why they do that stuff. so karma doesnt need to be true. if somebody treats you poorly, they are already being punished, they are miserable.

and as far as astrology, i continue to be amazed at the percentages of women that believe it. and the way it is written, with weasely little universities, its so infuriating:

virgo or sagitarrius or whatever: " this week you you will feel a bit down, but at other times cheery! sometimes you get frustrated with things because you want them to work better than they are!. sometimes you seem harsh and defensive, but is becaus you are really so sensitive on the inside"

yunno statements that are true about all woman, all the time. and women are like "NO DAAS MEEEEE DUUUH"

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

"Hey baby, can you guess what my sign is?"

"You're a feces !!"

Actual conversation I overheard once in a bar in New Orleans...:cool:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are stating the obvious.

Karma, in its most basic definition, is the concept of deeds which initiate the natural cycle of cause and effect. Nothing "magical" about it.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

From the Eastern perspective,.. my interpretation. Life's situations are given to us, as opportunities to learn/change/grow. If you fail the lesson, the situation will repeat. Karma is stubbing your toe on the same rock.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've never thought much about astrology but have the same general opinions as martin.

However, I do think that I believe in karma to an extent although maybe not in the exact definition that most others think it represents. Not sure if I've thought about karma in the form that GiantDuck describes but do feel that is a crucial part of life. Taking random tests through life to learn/change/grow.

10. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I tend to believe that the universe always balances itself out. It's physics. I don't believe in chance.