Astrology

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, Oct 20, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

hmm. i wonder why it happens then.

like i said, if you are the sort of person that abuses other folks, youa re already unhappy. you wish you were not that sort of person. so if a random assuhole comes out of nowhere and beats you up, that sucks, but the odds are that person hates himself and you dont really have to wish bad things on that person because he already so unhappy he is going around beating everyone up. everyone wants to be be happy and calm and well adjusted. the murderer does not want to be a murderer but he is a broken person.

but as far as the universe equalizing things, like if you kidnap a kid, t eventually comes back to you somehow, obviously that is childish nonsense and you should feel shame for believing it.

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I'm so full of shame because I couldn't see you sitting on that high horse. :rolleyes:

Contained Chaos likes this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

right. when i ask a child why he believes in santa claus, he cant explain it either. because he is a child. you are not a child and have no excuse for believin random things.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Santa is real.

b_leblanc likes this.
  5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I've seen him. He had a real beard and real elves.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe santa is the one doing the calculations that equalize thngs for karma.

its weird, sometime bad things happen to really good people. like little perfect kids get cancer. i guess karma has the day off sometimes. or maybe we are morons, one of the two..

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is conflating Karma with Universal Justice. There is nothing Karmaic that prescribes just outcomes for all right or wrongs.

Karma suggest that one who does good things will benefit from it through natural cause and effect. If you do good things, you make few enemies and you create many friends. You live in a world of your own creation where there is a low chance of people doing you harm and a high chance of them doing you good in return.

Conversely, if you do bad things, you make enemies and drive away friends and find yourself in a world with a high probability of bad times and bad folks engaged in bad things. It results in bad karma for you. Not because some Karma God causes justice to be dealt, but because the individual creates the world that he lives in through his own actions.

If you kidnap a kid, then you live life as a fugitive and risk death or imprisonment at every turn. You may or may not ever get caught, but the Bad Karma that follows you through life will stick like glue. Evidence will surface, victims will talk, you may get cocky and do it again and become undone.

Its no magic, just simple cause and effect. Scratch that . . . it's complex cause and effect.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Everything u said is true and was my point from before. Mean people are sad people.

But that isn't what I thought people meant when they use the word karma.

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

If it angers you when a man speaks to your girlfriend, and you yell at her, and then you fight. The karma is,.. eventually a man is going to talk to her again, and you will become angry,.. and the cycle will repeat.

Once you learn to not get caught up in your angry thoughts,.. then, when a man talks to your girlfriend,.. you won't mind, maybe hardly notice at all,..... there is no karma for you in that situation anymore,.. unless you regress.

Karma is stubbing your toe on the same rock, remove the rock, end karma.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

I would like to note that my hatred for astrology has only grown and I am still confronted by women who believe in it on a regular basis, and I genuinely want to strangle them and its so stupid it annoys me to even look at you if you ask me my birthday.