Astros thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, May 31, 2017.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He wouldn't be alone.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Damn that fat tub of goo CC Sabbathia. If the Yankees could win tonight the Sox would have to use Sale in game 5, making him unavailable for the ALCS opener vs the Astros.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Wes Parker and Roman Gabrial spoke at my grade school,.. rams, dodgers, lakers, I was surrounded by the enemy.

I went to Dodger Stadium just one time, beautiful ,.. I think they all are, a high school baseball field lit up at night is a very pretty thing. Anyhoo, waited months to see the Giants vs Dodgers, went with two friends and their dad, all dodger fans.. on the way to the game I remember being my normal sweet self,.. laying it on thick, really letting them have it.

The dodgers scored 10 runs in the first inning, 10-0 final, baseball can be a cruel bitch, ,.. I was so bummed out, I spoiled everybody else's mood too, it was a long sullen ride back home to Newhall.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Torn now. Bregs or my Sox. Gonna be tough hope it’s a good series I’ll be content with whomever wins.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Roman Gabriel was awesome and a very stand-up type of guy as was Wes Parker.

Lol. Chavez Ravine is a nice place to watch a game. My favorite pic from there?
    [​IMG]

Gibby's homerun and tail lights from the faithless as they head out.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes. Giants and Doyers don't care much for each other although the violence aspect escapes me.
    [​IMG]

This is the poor Giant's fan, Bryan Stow, who nearly got beat to death at Dodger Stadium by absolute thugs. Disgusting and certainly leads to a lifetime of hate for some.

7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Lived in LA for a long time. When I first moved there in 2002, parking was $8. McCourt bought the team, and just like that....$20. I remember the parking lot being a very menacing, poorly-lit place with no security in sight. I would wear my Reds t-shirt, and walking back to my car was a little scary. A bunch of dudes full of Tecate calling me a faggot and basically daring me to respond so they could kick my ass. After that, and especially the Stow incident, I stopped wearing Reds gear there.

(On another note, I don't take my kids to live sporting events much, because too many people get as drunk as they possibly can and fight/swear/puke......ruining it for everyone else).

Oh right, Astros thread. The Astros are amazing.

uscvball likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do you go to Lakers games? I have an old Larry Bird t shirt. Would it be safe to wear it at the Staples Center?

watson1880 likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Verlander and Cole will go against Sale and Price the first 2 games at Fenway Paahk.

Geaux Astreauxs.

watson1880 likes this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Yes they are and it's nice to see. I've been a Houston baseball fan since they were the Colt 45s.