Astros/Yanks

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Oct 6, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

1 game wildcard playoff/play-in.

Im all about it. Isl might be here to chime in after he delivers his pizzas.

Had tickets in Houston if they had just won the division or their last game. keuchel has been dealing.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Glad Houston won.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The Astros have helped me get back into baseball a little this year although I still have a ways to go. My youngest (fellow lefty) met D. Keuchel last summer at a local Whataburger. I barely knew who he was at the time but have followed his steep rise since then. Finished the year strong, opening day starter this year, starter for All-Star game, possible Cy Young, and then that masterful outing last night on a huge stage. Appears to be a really likeable guy.

The bats also seem to be a strength with a good mix of power, speed, and guys getting healthy at the right time. Playing with house money now.

4. tirk

astros win again up 2-1 with the beard killing it --again. rasmus hits the roof with one of the hardest and longest hit balls ever if only the roof hadnt gotten in the way. ended up being fair and a single. im pretty sure in the astrodome balls that hit the cabling or speakers were dead. but each ump has their own ground rules.

texas getting shut out.

cubs will beat the cards and be up 2-1 after tomorrow. and so will the mets.

torre wussed out and succumbed to social media and suspended utley 2 games. was a late hard slide but happens all the time. he claimed he didnt see the video as well til later. what?

happened to altuve by gregorios of the yankees just a few days ago. the only reason anyone is crying is because of the injury.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just saw the video a couple of hours ago. Utley saw he was out and was just doing what they teach you to do ever since Little League. Tejada had touched the base so the ump blew the call by allowing Utley to stay on second base. Last night Dan Leb Retard was ranting about what a dirty play it was and calling any caller who disagreed an idiot. Said they are teaching baseball wrong.

6. tirk

yes it was the neighborhood play, tejada almost touched the bag which is enough. also, they can get rid of both the tackle slides and neighborhood plays with instant replay if they want to call the rules as they're written. but yeah thats how baseball postseason is always played. ive seen that happen one billion times with no call.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And now according to the unwritten rules of baseball Utley gets plunked next time up. If he isn't in the lineup somebody else gets thrown at

8. tirk

utley isnt an everyday player anymore anyhow. but i dunno. umps will warn the pitchers beforehand and im not sure anyone wants to get tossed in such a big game. maybe if a big lead or getting blown out, put in a middle reliever.

9. tirk

When the Astros took a 6-2 lead into the eighth inning, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted congratulations to the astros on making it to the ALCS. I knew it was over. this was one of the worst losses of my fandom life. i was listening to this debacle at work, game fucking started 1230 on a gd monday.

got 6 straight hits to start the 8th did the royals. in houston. scored 5 runs. only needed 6 outs. so glad i didnt make the trip.

tied 2-2 now but its over. over sure as the sun sets in the west. the al west.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As sure as the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, the Astros have blown it. Damn politicians