At least we're not UGA!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Oct 15, 2006.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

How dreadful was that to lose to Vandy at home. At least LSU doesn't play down to the bad teams like this. I don't like to do this, but even under Saban, LSU didn't always beat the livin crap out of the bad teams like we're doing now. If they can just put these performances against the good teams, they'll be fine.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You're right there. We've played some truly bad teams, but we don't fail to put them away. I hope we can stop choking in the games against real competition, it's the only thing holding us back from being a great team. Right now we are in the same ball club as, say, Kansas St of old. It's nice to win the games that you're supposed to, but until we win real games we're just a paper tiger. I'm so disappointed Fresno St is having such a crap season. In a year when we play quite a few bad teams they have to have their worst season in recent memory.

3. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

I now feel really good about the statement I made to my friends a few weeks ago that UGA was the worst 4/5-0 team in the history of college of football, with exception to us back in '98

4. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Yep, UGA stunk up the field as there were numerous opportunities to win the game.

Coach Richt is being questioned for continuing to play a senior QB who is the son of a member of the coaching staff. Joe T. is an average QB at the very best.

It is frustrating because Georgia does have a lot of raw talent on the team.

Meanwhile, Miles is under scrutiny because LSU fans are uncertain about his coaching ability against highly ranked teams.

Fan unrest is a strange animal. Saban was not immune from it either.

At least Georgia fans know Richt can win SEC titles.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Yea i was shocked to see them lose to vandy. if you were to compare them to any team though. they are looking a lot like the 04 LSU team, defintely not as good though. They have the QB shuffle between the experienced but not great senior QB and uber-talented freshman. And that hurt us in games like oregon state and troy state where we should have won by a lot more but LSU at least won those games. UGA should struggle with weaker teams this year but expect them to lose a couple more.

6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I think the coaches have to make the calls based on what they have on hand at the moment. Coaching jobs are not easy; that's why they get the big bucks and get put in pressure cookers.

.....eh...no, no, no......it is all the fault of the inferior Richt's coaching skills. He should be fired like Miles, and replaced with the "know it all" naysaying fans as the coaching staff. They will do far better..............
    ________
    Fix Ps3

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Yeah it was unfortunate for them. But it IS the SEC and I would wait until the season is over to declare our "good fortune". We still have a few teams left to play that are not in the top ten and it's not a given we will hang 50 on them. Winning out will still be tough.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

At least :lsup: fans haven't suffered back-to-back embarrassing losses AT HOME (OR on the road) under Miles.

Defending SEC champs?

More like OFFENDING Sec champs.

Let's see if defending SEC champion coach Richt can handle AU and UF on the road later this season...

IT COULD GET UGLY FOR UGA.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't think Georgia "Played down", I don't think they are good this year. Also, I give Vanderbilt some credit, they are better than in the past... they lost to Alabama 10-13, and Arkansas 19-21. They lost to Miss but Miss hung with Bama yesterday.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I watched the Jawja Vandy game at the tailgate. Didn't realize Jawja had to go to AU and UF still. If Jawja doesn't get it together it will be uuuuuuuuuugly ! Hats off to Vandy for putting 'em away and playing very hard to stay in the game and not letting Jawja come back. Jawja had chances to win and didn't ... woof woof ! or should it be wiff wiff !