Atheist and evolution

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gyver, Jan 11, 2013.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

Yes I know I just told you its because they have poor computational power. Please payy attention. Human brains are supercomputers many, many times more powerful than the most powerful modern silicon supercomputers.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So which is it? You are soooo confused.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

Eh? I just said twice that humans are much smarter and that robots are only different in that they lack computational power.

U said robots can't match humans, and I agreed, because they do not have the computational power, meaning the robots are inferior. Then I said again the same thing. Try to use your computational power to pay attention to Martin

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

atheists- what evidence would be sufficient proof as to god's existence?

personal, scientific, historical?

perhaps god came to earth once 4000 yrs ago, thought it stunk and never came back, or maybe he proves himself to one person every year.

5. red55

No you said that intelligence and computational power is the same thing and I demonstrated that it is not. The most powerful computer in the world cannot make a single self-initiated decision or manifest even a hint of intelligence. It's just a sophisticated programmable calculator. A human 2-year old can make self-inititated decisions.

6. red55

God simply declaring himself publicly would do it.

Perhaps. What evidence would be sufficient proof of this?

Why would he do that?

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

God simply declaring himself publicly would do it.Thats what Jesus did. oh wait, jesus never said he was god or son of god.

Perhaps. What evidence would be sufficient proof of this? thats the tough one isnt it? dont know. to me, the higher the stakes, the stronger the proof needs to be. but this is kinda stupid because what evidence could there be that i would take for fact?

i think this is the point. if there was proof then god would not be glorified as he wants and deserves (i guess). for him to get glory, praise has to come from faith.

Why would he do that? the lord works in mysterious ways.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Again, that is because man made computers have drastically less computing power, I have said this three times. Please pay the fuck attention.

I will say I a fourth time. The difference between humans and man made machines is a difference in computing power. Human brains are far more powerful, able to compute much, much more than machines.

A calculator and a PC and a retard and Einstein all do the same thing, acquire and sort data. Just Einstein does more of it. I can repeat this concept as many times as you need.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

One tiny shred of evidence would be fine.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

The most powerful computer in the world is a human brain, and it can do the things you describe.