Atheist and evolution

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gyver, Jan 11, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Look here Huckleberry, evolution is what educated people believe, not just atheists.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

come on Red, everyone knows that Magic Jesus threw it together in 6 days and was so tired that he had to rest on the seventh day. that universe creating is tiresome work.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

"because the Bible tells me so!"

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

I don't think I have ever met an anti-evolutionist in person. I know Christians of course but they interpret the bible like 7 days of evolution or something. The idea that there are people who really don't think evolution happened at all, that is nuts.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

The concept of rest doesn't seem like it would apply to god, can god get tired? Doesn't god consider the hardest work possible pretty restful ? Or maybe god is so powerfull that he works so goddamn hard even he gets tired

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Speaking of evolution. I find it amazing that out of all species on earth, it is humans who have this great ability of creation. I mean, nothing even can come in a close second.

Crazy...

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There is nothing in the bible that denies evolution; it just claims God as the prime mover. I know many will say what about the 6 days stuff but it is those who insist on a strict interpertation of the bible that muck things up. I think the story of creation is a wonderful analogy of creation as described by current theory if you consider it was told to a nomadic people with no clue as to modern science. The old testament like much of ancient history is told as much to make a point as to tell a story.
    The jewish religious don't seem to have a problem with the current model of creation.
    There is nothing in science that precludes God either. We have a good idea of what has happened in the last 13 or so billion years butwe have no idea what started everything. Likewise the resurrection of Christ (a central tenent of Christianity) is not impossible either.

There is room for faith as well as science in today's world. They can coexist

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Not sure if you understand a single thing about the world if you think resurrection is possible. How does that work, coming back from being dead for days? Can I do it to my loved ones?

If Jesus can resurrect, why not claim he can fly or jump over buildings or shoot lasers from his anus as well.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There is nothing in physics that prohibits it. Resurrection could be considered a reversal of entropy. Like time entropy seems to flow in only one direction but our physics show no reason why both can't flow each way. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. Many things that are common place today would have been considered magic or godlike 100 years ago. Thinking of that Martin maybe you will be able to shoot lasers out of your anus soon. Would that make you a god?