Atheist and evolution

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gyver, Jan 11, 2013.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Martin,

You'll have your proof the moment you die.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. martin

martin Banned Forever

Religion helps people answer questions, but so does a coin or dice. If I Ask a coin if heaven exists, yes or no, and yes is heads and I flip it and is is heads, has the coin really provided me any value, or just been an outlet for my own worthless insanity?

A sane man seeks truth, not random lies.

I think we should just drug everyone so they are docile. It's just a means to an end.

Has truth no value?

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

How so?

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

It's as if you are not reading the first word I said. I said many times, over and goddamn over that I cannot prove god doesn't exist. I can't prove god doesn't exist. I can't prove Santa doesn't exist. I can't prove the Easter bunny doesn't exist. Have you read one word I said? Really one damn word?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

I claim I am god. You can't prove I am not. Are you agnostic with respect to this claim? Of course not. You don't believe me. You are atheist with respect to this claim, you don't believe it.

I ask again, do you believe I am god? If you are honest you do not answer that you don't know even though you cannot prove I am not. You say you don't believe me. You are athiest with respect to my claim, you do not believe me. Same thing with god.

All claims submitted with zero evidence are not just set aside for us to say "I don't know". Extraordinary claims without any evidence are not believed.

I am in your closet right now. Believe me? Why not? Have you looked? An honest man admits what he doesn't believe and doesn't pussy around.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

Seriously how many times must I repeat that I am not certain. I am not certain, I can't answer the question of whether god exists. How many fucking times must I say it. I explained it over and over.

I can't tell you if god exists. I can't be certain. Read that 100 times.

I can't tell you if god exists. I can tell you only what I believe, not the actual answer. I do not believe he does, in the exact same sense that I do not believe in the Easter bunny.....and pays attention here.......even though I can't say for sure or prove at Easter bunny doesn't exist. Clearly the Easter bunny could exist Jesus what the fuck can't you read?

The Easter bunny could be invisible or magic I know this! I undertstandt and he is possible! I don't believe in him, but I realize I have no proof. Do you understand?

I can explain again, I anticipate I will need to.

I don't believe in Dracula being a real evil monster. He might be real I haven't searched the whole universe for him and the are books bout him and shit. It would be arrogant to claim he doesn't exist because I can't make a claim I cannot prove for sure. Nevertheless, I do not believe in him. Perhaps I am wrong. Unless you are an idiot, you have some clue as the the chances I am wrong.

Understand?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

right now we are discussing whether religions are true. you are discussing whether they are good for society. two different issues. santa claus is used to make children behave, doesnt mean he exists. if you want to discuss if religion is a net positive for society, we can, and it is a terrible evil, but for now i am discussing something else.

why not? if god tell you to act, why not do his will? didnt god send his own son to die? doesnt god work in mysterious ways? how can a suicide bomber know if the net gain of mass murder isnt worth it? seems pretty damn arrogant of you to make this claim that you dont believe the suicide bomber to be correct. you have no evidence that he is wrong. for him, god has answered the questions science could not. isnt that good?

you have no evidence that the suicide bomber is wrong about gods will, do you? so are you not agnostic, meaning you have no answer, regarding the question of gods will on murder/suicide? or you do believe, like i do, even without evidence for certain, that god has not commanded anyone to mass murder. or are you afraid to be so arrogant?

do you not understand how dangerous your cowardly mindset is?

we cannot be sure the suicide bomber is wrong. he might be right. we do not know gods will,, and god is magic and invisible, right? who are we to make a claim that god has not willed these men to crash planes into us? doesnt religion answer these claims when science cannot?

no. religion answers nothing. it makes up lies and poeple use these lies for their own motivations and to control others. and cowards refuse to call people out, because they think faith is sacred. the reason for that is that people are cowards.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

presumably you didnt read the very post youa re replying to which says :

"answer is that it is undetermined"

not sure what part of "undetemined" you call the proof of non existence. do you know what the word undetermined means?

the reason this argument is so frustraating is that i am blindingly overwhelmingly right and people cant even be bothered to listen for one single moment.

9. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

I agree.

Or we could just outlaw all religions and make everyone atheist, so that the world would be a better place. You discredit all means that don't square with your notion of how all people should think. But since I haven't figured out the universal, unifying truth that applies to all of humanity, I admit that other means besides my own exist by which people can discover this "truth."

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

what other means besides rational inquiry and observation have you so open-mindedly accepted as legit methods of truth discovery?

of the methods you have determined to not be valid methods of obtaining truth, how did you detemine that they were not valid? in your mind, what is the difference between faith in the modern popular interpretations of god, and the ancient interpretations, now widely considered to be myths?

i use conventional methods, like the scientific method, and observation, to determine reality, what do you use? how do you know when to, and when not to use faith or magic or whatever else you are using to determine reality? yunno what a divining rod is? do those work? what about thsoe electrothingys that scientologists use? are those some of the "other means" you so happily admit are valid?

once you decide to open the door to stupidity/ how do you know when to close it, if you have no standards? how do you feel about seances? tarot cards? astrology? you sound like a virgo.

as far as outlawing religion to make the world a better place, i will ignore that as something i never said or implied. i wouldprefer that i could just talk some sense into you. and i can.