Atheists, agnostics most knowledgeable about religion, survey says

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Sep 29, 2010.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I claiming a lot of smart people embrace religion, today. Sounds like you are the one interpreting weather they are. Now, that's really smart of you.

2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Meh...we will never see eye to eye on this. All I know is that when I sit in church on Sunday, there are a couple of doctors, handful of lawyers, two college professors, lots of teachers, and many other business professionals in there with me. Many intelligent, educated people in their loving their Jesus.

Then again I'm Catholic, it’s those silly Baptist you have to worry about.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i claiming me not understand much say you because of matter on clarity you not right. i interpret weather oops up down mexico nonsense you talk.

4. Bud Lee

HA…Silly Martin, everyone knows Obama is a Muslim pretending to be a Christian. You have just lost all creditability with me.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, resisting the lies of a religion is critical thinking skill that many smarter people have, but not all of them. the fact remains that if you are smarter you are more likely to understand that religion is absurd.

6. TUSKtimes

That's unusual, normally you just start sputtering out useless stats. Maybe someone's philosophy is just another opinion.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

huh? stats? dude i dunno what you are talking about. my guess is that 97% of people would agree with me.

8. TUSKtimes

Not if they're really smart.

9. Bud Lee

Sigh…now you are just trying to pick a fight. Slow day at work huh.

Choosing to believe in god does not make my or anyone elses critical thinking skills impaired. People believe what they believe. I actually believe in evolution and that God created the world. And I believe that man made religion is absurd for the most part. They whole reason why Muslims and Jews don’t eat pig (pig is very tasty BTW, big pig eater over here) is that they were getting sick from that little worm thingy (can’t remember what it is called) so they delared it an unclean animal and against their religion to consume it. They needed to for survival reasons, not religious reasons.

Anyway yet again digress with you (becoming a regular thing of late, perhaps you are my evil opposite here, or me yours, whatever). I will say the smarter you are the less likely you are going to go to a church that speaks in tongues and plays with snakes, but that doesn’t mean you are more likely to be atheist.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

what?
    lol