Athlon ranks LSU #8

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JustinTI, May 19, 2004.

1. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Yeah you kind of think that these sports writers would have learned their lesson with AU last year.

"Let's see, AU is 9-4 in 2002 with a coach that fears for his job... hmmm looks like 2003 MNC material to me!!!....... :eek: Oooops".

"Let's see, FL is 8-5 in 2003 with a coach that fears for his job... hmmm looks like 2004 MNC material to me!!!....... :eek: Oooops".

:dis: :dis: :dis:

This poll's credibility is shot. Who cares where they rank LSU.

2. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

Yeah.. We found that out when USC was ranked #1 post-season last year :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: ...

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Not only that, but they are returning something like 3 or 4 defensive starters, and thats counting Channing Crowder, whose future is uncertain, at best. They had better score a lot of points because this defense could be bad.

4. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I don't really have a problem with who ranks #1 or not, but I kind of question
    Florida. It would be different if they didn't have to replace so many people on
    the team but I think they only return what 3 or 4 on the D side and I think they lost some O linemen.
    Then again who would have thought outside of Tigerland that LSU had a chance last year.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

It's incredibly funny to see some of the derogatory comments about the CFW poll ranking UF #1. All of a sudden, the same publication that posters on this board were applauding last season for it's high opinion of LSU (the only poll that correctly picked LSU, I might add) has suddenly become the idiots who know nothing. :lol:

It's a pre-season poll for gosh sakes. I would think you'd rather have a poll that keeps fan expectations to a reasonable level, but it just goes to show that one poster on this board was dead-on last week. In response to the varying posts about LSU being pre-season ranked #1, he stated that people were moaning about not getting any respect, and then when they start giving respect (by ranking #1) they were moaning and whining about that too.

BTW - for the record, I don't agree with UF being ranked number 1, nor do I believe LSU should be ranked outside the top 5.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Glad to see you incredibly amused caddy, for gosh sakes. No need for you to concern yourself too much on what posters say on this champions board, you only need to worry about what's said on the AU board. So, with that said, get on back to that rat hole you belong to.
    Don't need any negative input from a fan of a second rate program. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

7. cadillacattack

'Don't need any negative input from a fan of a second rate program."

Well, I don't recall discussing Ole Miss, but if that's your idea of negative...... :rofl:

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Personally I love when we are not respected. It's the extra motivation that we need to prove everyone wrong.

10. cadillacattack

JMO, but I believe that's the way the majority of fans feel about their teams. Sometimes it's good to be the underdog instead of the bullseye.