Athlon's: Nation's Best Secondary

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Might be Daniel Francis

2. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

That is why Ray Lewis' production has slowly been declining over the years. He is a great linebacker, but as you mentioned his lineman are not drawing double teams.

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Also, and not for lack of effort, these athletes don't stay 25-years-old forever. Father time is cathing up with poor old Ray-Ray.

4. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

I'm not holding my breath about any of these predictions.

They are listing the Arkansas OL as being 4th. As far as I am concerned that is the biggest intangible in the SEC this year because they have some great running backs. I think that Arkansas has a good shot at beating Auburn this year.

Georgia's running backs are listed at number 1, but they didn't even mention Jason Johnson.

Biggest mistake on this site..... the Georgia Tech DL. Somebody is mixed up on that one...Oh wait...they play Notre Dame...the ND effect continues!

5. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

I think the SEC west could very well come down to the LSU @ Ark game. McFadden pretty much was their offense last year, and he had great numbers with a young o-line. Arkansas also has all of their defensive starters returning from last year. They are a little under sized but very athletic.

6. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

I think so too.

I've been taking some heat from some of the Barners on this forum, but I really do think that Auburn is vulnerable this year.

Meanwhile, Arkansas has a more favorable schedule this year, including two weeks to prepare for Auburn.

7. vatz22AU

vatz22AU Founding Member

What about the LSU vs Ark game? I see LSU and Auburn as teams that are 2 equals. With some of the comments I'm hearing, and as close as Arkansas got to beating you guys last year (and they are returning the most SEC starters) I'm suprised you guys aren't drinking your own kool-aid on that one.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm very concerned about LSU-Ark. We get them the last game of the regular season, after they've had an entire season to straighten out their season so we'll be facing the best team they field all year most likely. Also, Arkansas has a tendency to take this game a lot more seriously than LSU does.

Not worrying about this game would be a big mistake for LSU fans.

9. vatz22AU

vatz22AU Founding Member

I'd be lying as well if I said I wasn't worried about Arky... I think every team in the west is gonna be having a real keen eye on that team.

By the way whats with the Adolf crap on the board?? Board get hacked?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The same thing goes for them, you know. I'll be very concerned about Arkansas if we limp into the game with 2 or 3 road losses. If we march in there at 11-0 or 10-1 we will take them.