News ATL TigerTailgate Party concert bash announced for Sept. 3

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GeorgiaMoon, Jul 12, 2010.

1. GeorgiaMoon

GeorgiaMoon Freshman

The night before the North Carolina game in ATL there will be a pre game party to rival any other ever held. Tickets just went on sale for the 2010 Tiger Kickoff Party at the Tabernacle Friday September 3rd featuring New Orleans party band Bag of Donuts, Travis Matte and the Kingpins (“Tiger Tailgate Party”) and exciting up and coming fiddler Amanda Shaw. That is an excellent lineup of Louisiana talent.

[​IMG]The Tabernacle (found a photo here) is an old church right near CNN Center (great acoustics and atmosphere) that was converted into a House of Blues for the Olympics before becoming The Tabernacle. There are lower priced general admission floor tickets or you can pay a little more to sit in padded seats in the balcony. There is also a downstairs showroom and bar with some good local bands to boot.

The show organizer is giving a portion of the proceeds to benefit the Golden Band From Tigerland and LSU Atlanta's local Alumni Chapter scholarship endowment fund.

Party Web page with info and links

As a Tiger fan in ATL I can tell you we’re all jacked up with this news and looking forward to it! LSU Atlanta will have a Fan Guide available soon with tips and info including our official tailgate bar for the weekend located very close by. I'll share a link for that when it is ready.
    :geaux:

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

good to hear, we'll be in ATL looking for ideas. might have to swing by.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Travis Matte and the Kingpins played up Seattle last year, the night before the UW game.
    Horace Trahan also played. Both put on a great show.

We will be up in ATL for the week.LSU!

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Sounds great

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i'd rather someone like better than ezra, but hey, i'm not even going. :(