Atlanta Hotels

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexTiger, Oct 8, 2007.

1. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

I have 2 tickets to the SECCG. Where are the best places to stay in Atlanta?

(this is not meant to be a jinx thread, just jumping on things before they are booked/expensive).

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Stay in Buckhead(sp?). Then get a multi-day MARTA (subway) ticket. You can get to the Georgia Dome in about 15 minutes via MARTA. There are quite a few restaurants, bars, etc in Buckhead.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

When we played in the Peach Bowl (Chick-fil-A) the team, etc. stayed at the Marriott Marquis. It was pretty nice and was within walking distance to the parade and game.

I'm not sure where the teams stay for the SECCG but I'm sure the SEC already has contracts in place.

4. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

I'd do the same thing Grad suggested. Traffic is usually terrible in Atlanta, so I would get a hotel on the Marta line and take that home after the game. They have free parking at most of the stops, so even getting once close to a line works.

Buckhead is a really nice area, and that is where a couple of the LSU bars are (Rio de Grande, or something similar, was one I remember when I lived there). I'd try to stay north of i-20 and to the west of 85 if nothing is available in buckhead.

5. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

thanks guys. I'll let this lay low until we clinch. then we can trade info on seat locations, hotels, things to do... (again, not a jinx)