ATLANTA ROLL CALL!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 19, 2010.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i've heard that there isn't a bad seat in the house. :thumb:

2. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

i've never been to the GA Dome but if it's anything like the Superdome then I have no problem with the upper decks

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

actually i think the ga dome is supposed to have a much better view from the uppers. some seats in the superdome are atrocious.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This.

I saw Rohan Davey play in the Ga. Dome, before he came to LSU, it was a Fla/Ga. All-Star game for High School Srs.

5. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

True tailgating at the GA Dome is horrid, it is downtown Atlanta and it is not a great part of the city. Also GA Dome tailgating is only parking lot and only what you make it. Here is a visual for you, tailgating at the GA Dome is like tailgating in New Orleans without the Quarter. With this in mind, use New Orleans rules around downtown Atlanta.

Perhaps the best tailgating recommendation is what I call commercial tailgating, you show up a bit early to a bar and walk over to see the game when you are ready. The CNN Center is a convienent ground zero/meet and greet place as the food court vendors sling big beers(Jock and Jill is in the CNN Center and I am sure it will be open after the game).

On a side note, if you get in early like Friday and take the CNN tour, don't yell out mid way thru the tour, "Is this when we get to meet O'Reily?" Trust me, they really, really don't like it.

Another recommendation for a downtown bar is Sidebar, not sure what it is like on a game day (but generally quiter). Stats is another bar/rest. that is more for events, not my favorite place as the regulars... are interesting, but game day should be different; well that and one of the owners is a Tulane guy. All have TVs and airconditioning and restrooms.

Also, GA Tech will be playing South Cackolack State at 1pm for those who can't get enough in person football. Traffic should not be so bad, nor tickets as they a blow out is expected. I would guess walking would be about 45 mins to an hour if traffic is bad between Tech and the dome; Marta could greatly help getting you between the two. Check the GA Tech site for more.

Oh... every seat has a good view and will be on the GA Dome site so you can look up the view.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

:hihi:

7. N.C.Tiger

N.C.Tiger We push snow in Style

Hi, guys,
    Headed out fri evening, from N.C. , Staying in Residence Inn Downtown . Told by hotel that they overbooked, but we are suppose to have our 4 rooms, Gonna be a blast

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

OK, so i won't be in section 319 due to some things have come up, so you guys hold it down for me out there! :thumb:

watching it on the big screen with friends and family is probably better anyhow. the beer is cheaper, colder and closer. :grin:

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We are in Club level sec. 219...:grin: