Atlanta will forever be Brees' bitch

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Jan 3, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Super bowl victory today. Sweeping those fuckers and keeping them from a winning season. Lovely.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

This year's 7-9 feels a whole hell of a lot better than last year's. Simply bc we got swept last year and did the sweeping this year! Hypothetical....if the Saints were to go 2-14, as long as both victories are vs. Atl....that's how much beating them means to me!

fanatic, Geezer Squid and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It feels better because they finished the season stong.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I predicted 6-10. Finished 7-9. Back in Archie's time, would have been a good year to finish 7-9, and sweep Sadlanta. Expectations are certainly much higher now. DB minus 1 game, and nearly finishes w/5K yds. Unbelievable. People keep comparing him to TB, and wonder what he'd do if he had their D, but CSP is a sig. key to how successful he's been. They are an amazing team. Without CSP and with Pats D, not sure he achieves the numerous 5K seasons he has.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

7-9 just seems like a world apart from 6-10, so happy to avoid that 10 loss season

Would have been great to end the season with 3 straight wins and an 8-8 record but that Detroit first half debacle happened.

So Brees played with the torn planter fascia and ended the season with 7 TDs and 0 Ints in 2 1/2 games.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I love it because we ruined their undefeated season for the 2nd time in 3 years and sent them on their way to a 6 game losing streak. Dirty birds came in flyin high and left with a broken wing and earned them the distinctive honor of 'Collapse of the Year'; as awarded by ESPNs Bill Barnwell. I also liked how our bottom dwelling defense shut them out in the 2nd half.

islstl likes this.