aTm on probation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Jul 2, 2020.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M Football Hit With NCAA Penalties
    https://www.aol.com/jimbo-fisher-texas-m-football-181350309.html

Jimbo Fisher took over Texas A&M in Dec. 2017, after a very successful run at Florida State, which was capped with a national title. Just one month later, the NCAA alleges that he and a former Aggies assistant began to violate recruiting rules.

Fisher and former assistant Jay Graham, now the running backs coach at Tennessee, allegedly had impermissible contact with a high school junior recruit. The program also went over the allowable time limit for spring and summer sessions with players. The program is going on probation for a year, and there are some pretty significant recruiting sanction as well.

Brian likes this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

:mad: ahh, this was at the bottom of the article,.. "Texas A&M,.. will not be ineligible for postseason play"

the way that was phrased had my hopes up for a second,.. I don't like aTm

Brian and tzanghi like this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

On the local news here in Houston they read a statement from Jimbo.
    “As Texas A&M’s Head Football Coach, I am responsible for promoting and monitoring for NCAA compliance in our program. It is still my responsibility to ensure we are adhering to each and every rule,” said Fisher.

Fisher added, " I am pleased to have this matter behind our program and look forward to continuing our efforts to make every aspect of our program one all Aggies can be proud of.”
    Note the lack of an apology.

GiantDuckFan and kcal like this.
  4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Small potatoes, but it's never not fun when the cult gets a boot in the nuts.

Their fanbase will lavish in this with the belief that Jimbo is all in pushing the envelope. How pathetic to go from buyers remorse to what a hero in all but a couple of months.

They will probably have a secret midnight yell party and sacrifice a horned frog. All for Jimbo

Their shit never gets old

LSUTiga, shane0911 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

The kind of stuff you self report to give the NCAA the appearance you're cracking down on any impropriety.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yep, eyewash.