Attempted Terrorist (Airplane) Attack?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by OkieTigerTK, Dec 26, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I maintain that true religion would have to be universal. So if false religions exist, then they must all be false.

Why would a True God tolerate false gods and their false religions? He washed the whole earth away for that once, right? :hihi: A God of all the universe that demanded worship from his creations would demand it from all the universe would he not?

Why would God let all these false religions flourish. Why enlighten just a few illiterate holy men in Mesopotamia 4,000 years ago when God could reach the whole world on the Larry King Show today and simply explain it all to us. Why let everybody else waste effort worshipping false religions and lose all that positive Karma?

She sure is fickle.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno. god does whatever god does.

yep. god is vengeful on occasion.

beats me. maybe. i know i get tired of everyone adoring me sometimes.

yeah, cant be trusted.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The kind that endows his children with the ability to think, reason, and decide for themselves what they believe, or even if they believe. You know, that whole "free will" thing. :yelwink2:

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think you are misunderstanding what I was trying to say.
    I just pointed out that IMHO Martin's arguments about religion are no different than the Liberals arguments against guns, etc.
    Another example, if religion didn't exist we would be better off or it would give people one less excuse to do something bad.
    First of all this would never happen because the world doesn't world doesn't work like that.
    It is the whole Utopia movement and the mentality of wishing the world was different.
    Its not realistic.

Btw
    If religion didn't exist, the good that comes from it wouldn't exist
    either.
    Many years ago before the great society churches took care of people who
    needed help.
    I am sure religion and the church helps many people in need today.
    It isn't realistic to argue against religion, bad while ignoring the good that comes from it.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

For the record,
    I didn't get involved here to argue which religion is correct or if god exists.
    I just wanted to point out what I believe are flaws in some people's arguments against religion.
    All things in the world can have good and bad people in them etc, religion is no different than anything else.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

an update. not so much on this specific story, but on the "watch lists" referred to in early posts.

the system is fubar'd!

Mikey Hicks, 8, Can’t Get Off U.S. Terror Watch List - NYTimes.com

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i call this evidence that its working better. so the kid has to be patted down, the mom should shut up.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

how is it working better when this has been going on since the kid was a baby and they cant get the govt to correct the list. or how that this has been going on to an innocent kid for 8 years, but a person that was known to have terrorist ties and on some sort of list still got onto a plane?

how is that working? :huh:

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i dont care if people with the same name as flagged people have some inconvenience. better safe than sorry. i wasnt aware that abdulmutallab had known terrorist ties. his father called the us embassy to say his son was expressing radical views. big difference. but anyway the article, and my comment, was in reference to this kid repeatedly being hassled, not to the failure to stop abdulmutallab from boarding. of course, that was a failure.