Attempted Terrorist (Airplane) Attack?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by OkieTigerTK, Dec 26, 2009.

1. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Great...this should make flying as much as I do extra awesome. I'll make sure and start showing up to the airport 3 hours early from now on.

You can also believe that if some arabic looking dude is on my flight I'll be watching that jerk like a hawk. It wouldn't be profiling if it wasn't true.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

well to be fair, the drive to the airport is still maybe 10 thousand times more dangerous than any flight.

all of this always reminds me of one of my favorite standup things ever, which is jamie foxx talking about flying. i dont feel like finding it, so i wil paraphrase. it is genius.

"man, yunno what the problem is? we too free! we let everybody in. we dunno who the **** is what!.... dont you wish we could go back to just black white and mexican? i was on the plane with one of them, yunno one of them tallyban tallywhacker mother****ers just the other day. i was like, "do they see him? do they see this muther****er"? and wouldnt you know this tannenbaum sits right next to me! and i am scared like a mother****er, and oh no he concentratin' on some ****!"

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

is that when a girl gags?

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I flew home from New york a couple of weeks ago and as the plane is boarding, this middle eastern gentleman comes from the back of the plane (I was in the front), and as people are trying to board, tells the flight attendant "I need to get off the plane". She stops the line of people and let's the guy off, never to be seen again. So how does this happen? I mean, who knows what this guy brought on the plane, put in the overhead bin, and is going to explode in mid air. I contemplated getting off the plan but ultimately fell asleep as i was trying to decide.

True story.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

No, it's when she kisses you after.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Our actions over the 10+ years before to 9/11 are what led to 9/11. Read Bin Ladin's Fatwa, published in a western newspaper in 1996.

Online NewsHour: Bin Laden's Fatwa

Maybe not their low-ranked/dispensable soldiers that are brainwashed into loyalty to their cause during military boot camp, but the people behind it do have reasons. Like the vast majority of Muslims, Bin Ladin isn't just some stereotypical Muslim that hates the US for no rational reason whatsoever. He outlines his reasons in great detail.

I'm not saying that the Western World is wrong for the way we have been dealing with the Arab world since we took Jerusalem and the surrounding Muslim land from them and gave it to our Jewish friends from Europe... but it's a complex situation. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it. But, being that I'm a USA homer, I'm cool for the most part with us setting up US military bases in their land, establishing US-friendly governments in their land... not just because of how much oil they have (which is crucial for our strength), but also because I trust America to police the world... we have bases all over this world and we have set up US-friendly governments all over this world as well... and it's turned out for the best so far.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

assuming that is true, would that justify the actions? i might punch in you in the face and say i did it because you looked at me funny, would that make you to blame? i mean, it was you that looked at me, right? why did you look at me? just dont do that and everyone will be ok, right?

that is exactly what he is, a stereotypical muslim who hates the US for no rational reason.

FYI, stationing american troops near a "holy" site, or helping the "evil jews" and whatever, these dont count as "rational" reasons. all of his reasons are stupid, the terrible ramblings of a religious lunatic fanatical murderer.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Right, it's complex. Who started it? Are we right? Is Bin Laden right? Who knows?

Well, if that's how you truly feel, then his reasons for hating us were/are a lot more logical and reasonable that your reasons for hating him. But, if I remember correctly, he did say in that link above that they should only purposely attack US military targets and not US civilian targets... and he wasn't true to his word when he purposely attacked two US Embassies under Clinton (who retaliated with raining down Tomahawk missiles all over their know locations) and then 9/11 under Bush... which is why the entire world, myself included, lost all respect for him (and why everybody was and still is for the War in Afghanistan vs. Bin Ladin and friends). I always figured it was that Al Qaeda #2 guy he let woe his ear as his spiritual director that was the biggest madman. Either way, they both deserve to die and I will be pleased when their deaths are confirmed.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i know.

i hate him because i watched as he murdered my neighbors. why does he hate me again? seems unlikely to be as valid as my reason.

yeah before that he was great.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Actually, that is pretty much one of Bin Laden's biggest reasons. You and him are the same in this regard, you two.

Violence begets violence. You know or should have known this by this point in your life, no?