Attendance

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Lil Jules, Apr 11, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Comparing the Saints with LSU baseball under Smoke is like comparing a Ruth's Chris' steak to a Waffle House steak.

2. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

But wouldnt it look nice for future recruits to see that even when the team struggles the fans will come and support them?

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

"If the fans don't want to come to the ball park, you can't stop them."

- Yogi Berra

4. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

Well, we as a fan base are about as fairweathered as it gets. We show now loyaltly when the team is down. I'm guilty too.

5. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I agree! Also, considering that bar has been risen in the SEC, we can't afford medocrity especially with the parity in this league. The attendence figures with certainly catch Skip's attention.

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

All i can say is i will be a fan of LSU in all sports as long as i live. Since i live in California my abilty to attend many events is limited but i always pull for LSU. When they lose i get upset and when they win i am happy. I think that pretty much is how all LSU fans are.

People do like it better when teams are winning. That is not too much of a surprise. That is the way of the world.

Geaux Tigers

7. cajdav1

I've never been able to go to near as many LSU events as I would have liked over the years. Seems like when I had the time I never had the money, when I had the money, I was 500 miles away. But I can honestly say I never wnet to a game because LSU was supposed to win or lose, I just went to see my Tigers compete. I went to a lot of baseball games before Skip ever set foot on campus, we lost most of them. I also went to some basketball games when I knew we didn't have a chance in hell at winning. In football it was never really that way as I was in Georgia the entire Dinardo/Hallman years but I am sure if given the opportunity I would have went.

Hell I never missed a Saints game until I moved to Atlanta. I can assure you I didn't go because I thought they were going to win most of the time.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wow. There's a hell of a lot more to it than wins and losses. I was a Saints fan for about 35 years, so obviously Ws and Ls had little to do with the attraction. Plus, these guys make millions of dollars to put a product on the field. I got sick of the product, that's all.

9. cajdav1

I'm right with you on that one. The product, the poor management, the inability to be a decent franchise when all of the rules are aimed at just that, so many reasons why I don't follow the Saints at all any longer. Sure I'd love for them to win, but for the fans, not the organization.

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

So, if the millionaires were winning, you'd still be a fan, right?