ATTENTION BRADY-BASHERS.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SEN, Mar 4, 2004.

1. SEN

SEN Founding Member

YOU ARE THE ONES WHOSE POSITION IS WRONG.

THESE ARE NOT EXCUSES. THESE ARE ACTUAL, FACTUAL, LOOK-UPABLE FACTORS THAT HAVE GONE INTO LSU'S SEASON THUS FAR:

#1 - THERE ARE 5 FRESHMEN ON SCHOLORSHIP AT LSU.

#2 - THERE WAS ONE SENIOR WHO PLAYED SIGNIFICANT TIME THIS SEASON.
    #2A - THAT SENIOR WAS LSU'S LEADING SCORER AND REBOUNDER.
    #2B - THAT SENIOR IS NO LONGER ON THE TEAM.

#3 - LSU WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT.

#4 - LSU'S SEC RECORD IS BETTER THAN OR EQUAL TO 8 OTHER SEC TEAMS.

#5 - WITH A WIN ON SATURDAY LSU WILL HAVE A FIRST ROUND SEC BYE.

#6 - LSU HAS THE MOST POTENTIAL TALENT ON THE FLOOR RIGHT NOW THAT ITS HAD IN OVER A DECADE.

If you pay attention to college basketball you know that this season is an odd season. There are a whole hell of a lot of teams that are performing erraticly. There are coaches who have been to final fours and have won national championships who can't get their teams into the tourney this season, and they're playing with seasoned, experienced performers. John Brady has taken a team with 4 Frosh playing significant minutes and molded them into a team that, while streaky, plays great basketball, and can and WILL make noise in the SEC Tourny and the NCAA tourny.

LSU is not alone in this season's odd boat. Huggins, Donovan, Williams, Keady, Knight, these are the names of coaches who are struggling. STRUGGLING. Just like Brady. We knew before the season started what we had and where we should be. We're there. After we beat Auburn on Saturday and make it to the Semi finals of the SEC Tourny, we'll be a 5,6,7 seed and we will have done more than we thought we could.

John Brady has done more than most thought he could. Most thought he could only do "so much", and when he did more, you got upset because he didn't do "good enough".

LSU basketball made it to the Final Four as an 11 seed. All you have to do is make the tourny. Good Job, coach Brady.

2. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Exactly.

3. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

good post, agree completely

4. BB

BB Founding Member

These are great points and the facts speak volumes. However, keeping the expectations high and Brady's feet to the fire is healthy for this program. Demanding more is part of the make-up of many LSU fans. I don't understand why these threads about Brady continue to get so deep and personal and I don't know why we have to all be categorized as either a basher or a supporter. This is a business - Brady is not on scholarship, he has a job to do and some of us just want to be damned sure that he does it right and does it well. He answers to Skip and to the Chancellor, but ultimately, the fans are his "boss" - Just like your boss at work, we want maximum performance and we hate to accept anything less if we don't have to.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not sure i agree with that one.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

If the fans are the boss they better start showing up and seeing how the Coach is performing. :)

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Sen,

I don't care about all your points........

I don't think its too much to ask for this team to perform a little
    more consistantly.

Thats the bottomline for me.........

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

See #1.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

10 points in one half...43 in another...He drives all his fans off in the first half, then berates everyone in his post-game press conference afterwards in a bizarre 15 minute ordeal in which supporters cheer him in a MEDIA PRESS CONFERENCE?

As I've said before...This team is a reflection of it's coach, and the fanbase's reaction is as well....a roller coaster...

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i thought you recused yourself from brady discussions?