Attention Terrytown/Gretna Tigers--missing dog

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bestbank Tiger, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Posted this on FSA and got special permission to post here too:

Maximus is a knee-high, 33 pound, 18 month old neutered beagle mix. He kind of looks like a fawn. Note the tail marking on the top edge of the picture--it's one of his distinctive features.

He ran away from his new home last night, in the area between Gretna City Park, Belle Chasse Highway, and Gretna Boulevard. He's skittish around strangers, so if you see him he might be hard to catch.

2. Bestbank Tiger

Just re-posting once in case anyone sees him. I'm worried sick about him, and it's frustrating not being able to do anything right now and not knowing exactly how the new owners are doing in their search. :-(

If anyone somehow manages to catch him, you could take him to either Carrollton Veterinary Hospital or drive around the Mason St/Gretna Blvd area looking for the signs his new owner has up.

3. Bestbank Tiger

3 Maximus sightings reported today near Gretna Junior High on Gretna Blvd, between Manhattan and Belle Chasse Hwy.

I don't know if anyone should try to catch him or not--he's skittish around strangers and might run into the street to get away.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I know your plight brother. If I lost my Tabasco I would be miserable. (Notice the LSU collar) Keep us posted, I am very eager to find out if you find him. I live in Dallas so I cannot be much help. But keep us posted.

(Tabasco on Thanksgiving, of course the Turkey frier in the background sort of gives that away)

[​IMG]

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I saw a dog just like yours on animal planet tonight doing math problems. It was pretty weird.

And BestBank, hope you all find the dog safe and sound. Dang cute dog, when I eventually get a house and yard I want a beagle.

6. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

that's what i'm talkin about.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I feel your pain as well. I am attached at the hip to Peco the Wonder Dog (Shitzu mix) and Lou, the crazed Yellow Lab. I'll be in Marrero for Easter and will keep my eyes peeled.

8. Bestbank Tiger

Thanks Saban...

Last sighting was April 15. We were out looking for him and spotted him crossing the WB Expressway. He made it into the Suzuki dealership parking lot, then ran out the back into Maplewood. Second time we saw him but didn't catch him

9. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

yeah my dad's neighbor has beagles and they do howl alot, I'm not gettign one anytime soon, I'll probably get one once i get a house and finish school.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I had a beagle all through college and up to about 6 years ago, she was killed by a pit bull.

Just a great dog, do howl alot, and will chew on everything but are just fantastic dogs...

However I am now a Boston Terrier man, I got two Tabasco and Gumbeaux - Both dumb as a box of rocks but are just the greatest dogs with personality and behavior.