Attrition

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 20, 2010.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

For some reason a Neil Diamond song popped into my head.
    "Love on the rocks, ain't no surprise just pour me a drink and I'll tell you some lies."
    We all know the behind the scenes nudging of certain players to leave the program is taking place. I think one of the injuries was a hang nail wasn't it? :yelwink2: This is just a fact of life in the SEC now. I think Miles handles it better than most. It would be hypocritical of me to say I don't enjoy seeing us land as many recruits as possible each year.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i personally remember a OL from the 90s that blew out a knee but they kept him on.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That was the 90's and LSU did not have a logjam of top prospects wanting to come to LSU. There are always exceptions but a different era makes it less common.

I would say the average across the top programs in the nation is about 5-6 players leaving a program per year before their eligibility runs out. Not including early draft entries. We saw 6 or 7 last year.

4. bhelmLSU

Don't forget some will be given medical hardships and keep their scholarship without counting toward the 85 limit.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

If a player sustains an injury playing football and can never play football again, the school will honor their scholarship and continue to pay their way, but they will no longer be a part of the team or count against the 85 limit. I assume these guys are a different case and are still physically able to play football, but for various reasons, perhaps nagging injuries, they will not be contributing to the team and will find work elsewhere.

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Do you by chance know how many non red shirt seniors graduate this year?

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Soooo....You're saying that Miles doesn't "coach up" as much as he "coaches out". :rofl:.

8. bhelmLSU

I think it is 10 but likely 11 with Patrick Peterson declaring for the Draft.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I thought he meant how many true seniors are on the time. I was almost curious enough to do the research myself. Almost.

10. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Anyone have an idea of the 06 & 07 attrition rate of other SEC teams?