AU asks the bullseye question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Jun 22, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I don't believe we come out of those 3 games unscathed and I don't believe the loss will come at the hands of AU.

Mrkgreen
    (6/22/04 5:18:32 pm )

How much difference will a bullseye make for LSU?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last year they breezed in behind AU, and didn't catch fire until after the three point struggle at Ole Miss. Mauck had always been their catalyst, until the emergence of Vincent, at least. Randall has done virtually nothing yet behind center, but may well have a good senior year. LSU's three road encounters at Florida, Goergia and Auburn are too much for almost any team in the country, especially a team wearing th ebullseye of the favorite on its back. So why are the Bengal Tigers the pick of the West?

Systems
    (6/22/04 5:24:14 pm )
    Re: How much difference will a bullseye make for LSU?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eyes will be on LSU @ Auburn to find out which Tigers are the real deal for 2004 - we assume LSU can handle Oregon State, who might give them a scare.

We know Auburn performs better as the underdog and we'll surely be the dog in this cat fight. LSU, with its new QB, will have the weight of the conference on their shoulders in JHS.

Auburn wins 21 - 20.

If LSU wins its 3 road games - AU, UGA, UF - they will have earned their shot to defend the MNC.
    War Eagle !

Mrkgreen
    (6/22/04 5:26:28 pm )
    You're right systems, If LSU wins all three
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    under these circumstances, they are as great as advertised!

Systems
    (6/22/04 5:41:02 pm )

2004 LSU Schedule
    9/4 Oregon State
    9/11 Arkansas St
    9/18 at Auburn
    9/25 Miss State
    10/2 at Georgia
    10/9 at Florida
    10/23 Troy State
    10/30 Vanderbilt
    11/13 Alabama
    11/20 Ole Miss
    11/27 at Arkansas

As you can see, they get Auburn between 2 cupcakes. Then they go away to play UGA & UF back-to-back. If they get through that stretch of games winning 2/3, they'll be a shoe-in for the SECCG. Winning 1/3 games probably ties them with Auburn, so you can see how important an Auburn win is when LSU comes to JHS. I'd rather win this one and lose at UT than the other way 'round. Our offense better be hummin' by Game 3.

AubRx
    (6/22/04 5:57:44 pm )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree completely......

LSU will finish 5-3 in conference after starting 1-3.

I can't wait to burn a batch of corndogs.

cadillacattack
    (6/22/04 7:56:34 pm )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    -------
    So why are the Bengal Tigers the pick of the West?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Easy. The Bengals are the "percentage play." Proven coaching staff and solid talent throughout. I don't believe they are a shoe-in, but it doesn't bother me that they are the frontrunning favorite. It also doesn't mean that cannot be beaten. Let their fans continue all the blustery talk - they thought they were going to win the College World Series too ....... we all know how it is in the SEC.... on any Saturday.
    "Illegitimus non Carborundum"

2. alaman

alaman Founding Member

As usual, Allbarners are full of chit. They know nothing of what Saban has built. Every player lost, with the possible exception of Clayton (and only due to inexperience) will be replaced by a better player in 2004. Saban now reloads.

Allbarn's offensive line is so poor, Wingnut only let them pressure Campbell during one practice. In 20 plays he was sacked 8 times so he made them stop.

3. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

Talk is cheap so auburn fans can enjoy it also. thats all they have. I LOVE this comment:

"Let their fans continue all the blustery talk"

umm...ok... thanks. everyone continue talking, the auburn boob said its okay.

We DO have a National Title & Two SEC Championships to back up that "blustery" talk. Auburn has zero. nothing. zilch. Not even an SEC Title since the 80's. Fact is we could miss the SECCG this year and still be a better program than those bunch of goofballs. We should be really good in 2005. They will probably be in year 1 of a new coach by then, still eons from any type of title. :dis:

IMO, if we beat UGA we go 3-0 in those road games, and if we are undefeated after that stretch we will run the table. :thumb:

:lsug:
    :champs:

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

5. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

could be. I just don't see us losing to UF again. They lost alot of starters, they have never been that great under Zook, and we should be better in both lines IMO. Their strength will be their passing game and our strength will be our secondary in particular and defense in general. Just my .02

I agree completely however about that being a tough 2 game stretch. I just think we take UF, they're overrated until Zook gets them to play consistently. they looked awful in their bowl.

:lsug: :champs:

6. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Interesting that any fan of a five loss team would be worrying about well the National Champions play next year. The whole Louisville interview debacle and current coaching situation would seem to be a much bigger concern for Auburn.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Fans of every team are optimistic this time of year ... we are all undefeated. Reality will soon set in after the season starts!

I remember us being in a similar situation back in the 90s ...

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

And it fuels that optimism to focus on other teams instead of your own problems? OK, I guess that is a possible explanation. So maybe I should have used another word besides 'interesting'....... :)

BTW, I unfortunately remember seasons of mediocrity in the 90's but nothing like the president of Auburn going to interview the Louisville coach.

9. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Why are you slamming AU, if anything those posts that dhead posted were talking good about you guys. I didnt see anything negative but the one comment from Cadillac. Sometimes I think you all are just a little too touchy. Lighten up, its still June and everybody is just REALLY ready for football season to get here again.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I am glad you posted this for one reason. It showed me with out having to go over to their goofy forum that Caddilac attack is indeed a Hypocrite. he says one thing on his board, then comes over here and acts all innocent. What's up with that? I think the Caddy just got towed to the closest JUNK yard.