AU feelin Hated...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 15, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Someone please take a moment to make me understand this union... I can handle the stale insults, but I am having a hard time understanding why this relationship exists at all. USC fan makes a trip to Auburn, Auburn gets humiliated after all the hype and then these people are falling all over each other in chat rooms!?

I love the SEC, mostly because of the great rivalries. IMO, rivalries are founded on severe dislike for one another. So, in a way, I love Auburn for the rivalry and I hate Auburn because it's the basis for the rivalry. Does that make sense?

When any out of conference team visits BR I look to meet some interesting people, share football cultures, be hospitable and even go out of my way to make sure our visitors enjoy themselves - that being said, I can't imagine ever thinking about taking it another step and hooking up with them in a chat room to discuss my hatred for my bitter rival 9 months later. This is strange behavior even for Auburn fans. Someone help me understand...

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

They have completely lost their self-esteem due to their downfall from their preseason hype last year. It is SAD and DISAPPOINTING to see another conference member act like such little biotches to an OOC team that WHIPPED THEIR @SSES last year. I WOULD NEVER be a bootlick like these guys are being...

I think that AU fan has turned into the subservient chicken:

http://www.subservientchicken.com/

Talk about hard times at AU.....

3. Hey Southlink, where ya been?

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Trying to graduate on time...something I am barely going to do unless the idiots running this school decide to let in a few hundred more kids into the already full Journalism major

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Our cup runneth over

Saban has true love for his cigar smoking pal ... Ole big Ears

The love will surely flow ... through Nick's heart all the way through the mudhole he stomps in Tubby.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yep, you guys were a class act when you came to JH and stomped a mudhole in our arse. USC is now one of my favorite teams to watch. Don't worry about those "Corndog" LSU fans. They suck!!. WDE!!

AubieAlli

Now, THAT is my favorite post. You kicked our a$$e$ and now you're our second favorite team? Talk about S & M types at Auburn! Geez.

7. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Of course Id say we arent all like this, because we arent. I will say that we have more of our fair share of online flamers, but that really only comes out when LSU is in the picture. But Id definitely say the same goes for you guys. I read most of the threads around here, and most of you guys are mild-mannered and even tempered when talking about almost anything but Auburn, but guaranteed if you even mention AU in a thread around here someone will most surely throw out a derogatory comment or say something bad about us. So what is really the difference, you guys never mention what else is talked about on those boards you get these threads from. These guys could be having the same types of discussions you all have, but they only get riled up about LSU, kind of like yall do about us. I think its all a two way street here. But you know me, that just my "Barner" opinion. ;) :D

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

8. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

The Auburn love fest for SC is probably the same sort of

psychological phenomenon that makes some abductees become infatuated with their kidnappers. Something to do with being helpless, powerless and completely dominated maybe?

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Is this along the lines of: "Honey, I only hit you because I love you, and the harder I hit you the more I love you?"

10. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Stockholm Syndrome