AUBURN -6

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by leroy7500, Oct 17, 2010.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

NO, NO, and NO. This is exactly what cost us a game in TS vs Ol miss back when Rohan and Reed were here. Ol miss was last in the sec vs the run. We were 1st in passing (maybe in the nation). We tried to attack their weakness with something we weren't very good at instead of doing what we did best which was throwing the ball. I think Reed had 3 receptions that night. I agree with Lee playing however having him go all gunslinger is not the answer. IMO.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not saying don't run the ball. All i'm saying is that we don't have to run the ball with Jefferson in the game. Line up in the I and smash them!!!!! Lee can hand the ball off.

You have to be balanced, and i don't think we should ever just give up on the run, unless we are down a bunch and time is running out, all i'm saying is we don't need Jordan Jefferson to run the ball.

3. shane0911

Gotcha, and there is no need to convince me that JJ should not be in the game. He needs to grab some pine, or a clip board or something other than a football.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We need to be balanced, but Auburn can be exploited in the air. If Lee is hot, then we pass until we are up 2 scores, . . . then run long, slow drives to keep Newton off the field and the defense fresh.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree, we must be balanced, and shane was spot on. I just think we can do some things that haven't are not done often. We can throw the ball a little more on 1st down. Jarrett Lee can also run on those zone reads, i don't think i would have him do it but maybe once a game to catch the defense off guard, but it can be done. And who knows maybe Jefferson will have some confidence knowing he was really good against Auburn last year.

6. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

I cant be the only one who thinks lee knows the offense better and is smarter in general.
    With jj in the game its either a run/option/turnover or a crappy incomplete pass. So the opponent just stacks the box.
    With lee in the game we obviously arent running the option but they arent going to stack the box with a much more accurate passer.

We need to run the ball and have big surprising, catch AU off guard type plays.
    Spy newton. That sob doesnt get 50 yards. Keep our defense off the field so they can go full throttle all the time while weakening their D- arkansas proved alot last week , now we need to capitalize. The refs- thats another story, along with les and chavis and crowton. Ugh the suspense.
    Im gonna be drunk , loud and possibly violent on saturday.

7. shane0911

No you're not. But as soon as I or anyone else says JJ is not the brightest bulb someone will jump in here and tell us about his 4.0 GPA.

8. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

There's book smart and there's football smart. Easy to have one and not the other. :geaux:

9. shane0911

Exactly my point, glad you picked up on that.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

He has a 4.0 gpa really ?