Auburn game this season...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Jun 30, 2006.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

No, only expressing that Auburn's defensive scheme wasn't Gibb's scheme, it was Tuberville's (and to a lesser degree, Chizik's.) And regardless of the architect, "it ain't broke." IMO, the changes that Muschamp will be asked to make will not require a major change on "day 1" or even "season 1" of Muschamp's reign.

Instead, Muschamp will "blend" his knowledge with CTT's existing scheme until such time that CWM can develop the personnel that might warrant an overhaul, if warranted at all. Just because Muschamp arrived on the Plains doesn't mean he can convert to the same scheme he ran while under Saban - very few teams ever have the wealth of defensive talent that muschamp enjoyed in '03 .... very few.

My point was that AU's defense will be squared-away long before bowl season.

2. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

That is what im thinking. It is the last game in the regular season and it is at ARK as well. Could very well come down to that game.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Good then, hopefully Will's blending will screw up the recipe just enough in the early going to allow us a copule of easy TD's. Sometimes it is hard to change just a thing or two with out messing up.:hihi:

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

It is going to be very, very hard to win by 10 @ the barn.

5. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Its also going to be really hard for the Braves to come back and win their division but both of them will happen. I live in ATL and I can tell the Braves will have a big 2nd half of the season, you can never count those guys out. I might just be crazy though.
    :confused:

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I hope both are right. Your response might be the most random I have ever seen. :yelwink2:

7. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

I was at the game last night... 5 runs ahead in the 9th and they end up winning in extra innings.

The Braves have never won the wild card.... who knows?

8. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

auburn aint all that. wisconsin killed this auburn team. if less can implement a game plan to stop irons lsu wins.

9. vatz22AU

vatz22AU Founding Member

That same Auburn team beat Georgia.. the same team that LSU remembers so kindly in the SECCG.

The fact your basing an opinion off of one game during last year's season makes me wonder why I even took the time to reply to this.

10. danky

danky Founding Member

I never underestimate the war tiger eagle plainsmen. Its been ages since we won at JH and they've been our only competition this decade. AU & LSU are akin to two superpowers, and to beat them on their own home field is a feat that I think we hopefully can accomplish come this september. That loss to the barn in '04 changed something, the UGA game the week after wouldve been different if had won there. We have an excellent chance at the SEC if we handle 'em.

What really worries me is Muschamp knowledge of our offense. :confused: