Auburn Getting Blown Away!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

What Jason Campbell managed:

Per SECsports: "Campbell was 12-of-26 for 121 yards and often was forced to tuck the ball and run when he wasn't being sacked. He lost 25 yards on 16 carries."

Top 15? Maybe we should wait until they actually score some points?

[​IMG]
    PUNKED! Only Overrated if
    you count Rushing yardage

USC Fans say they smelled..
    [​IMG]

2. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

VT waxed us in the opener last year so don't read to much into it. I don't care for Auburn either. But, I hope they look better during the year so our game will mean something.

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Looks like it could be a Dinardo year coming for tubbie. Ranked in the top ten, then drop like a rock to the bottom.

Tubbie had better get it turned around or he wont be there at the end of the season.

4. wvtiger

wvtiger Freshman

i was talking about USC's team and quarterback and at that point in the post what he managed was a shutout victory over a nationally ranked opponent thousands of miles from home

5. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Jason Campbell showed he's a crappy quarterback when he was 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage and two inches from being sacked and tried to heave the ball.

The ball only goes up a few inches and right back into his grasp. Pathetic.

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I said it from the beginning of the year that Cambpell wasnt good and I still stand by that. Without him, AU is better, IMO.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Stop the running game and you stop Auburn.

We know from experience that if you have no passing game, anybody can stack the line and stop the run.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Good point, WVTiger. You're right, Auburn is still very much a top 15 team. Top 5? Nope--and I said that 3 months ago, but don't let their performance fool anyone. They'll still be able to beat a lot of teams on their schedule this year...

I just hope we're not one of them. :) But, you're right, USC did us a favor and "showed us the way".

9. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I'll tell you something right now . .if our offensive play calling doesn't improve, and our OL play doesn't improve, we are not a Top 15 team . .

I wouldn't be pissed if we got taken out of the Top 25 in the AP and the Coaches Poll . .that's what we deserve.

The only players who played anywhere near a decent game were Carnell, Ronnie, Courtney Taylor, and Doug Lagenfield . .

blech . .

hopefully, we take this as a lesson to play one game at a time and don't about SEC or NC titles . . because right now we have no prayer.

congrats on your opening win btw . .

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Chuck I like that quote form Bayou you are using. Quite a few of those fans had their heads up their arses