Auburn loss(es)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by T1gerfive, Oct 25, 2010.

1. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

Does Auburn go undefeated this year?

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

No

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Newton is the Vince Young of 2010. The 1 man gang.

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

They gotta a better chance of doing it than us ;)

1 person likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Or Bama--for our Crimson friends in attendance.

6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I doubt it. They've got 3 tough games left on their schedule ...Ole Miss, UGA and 'Bama.

This looks like another wierd season. The #1 team has lost 3 weeks in a row.

Boise may end up in the BCS NCG for all I know.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I doubt it, and if I have it my way they will lose at least 2.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Let's look at Auburn's schedule:

10/30 at Ole Miss- The last three #1 (consensus or BCS standings) have gone down the very next week. Tough, hard-fought epic win has put them on the precipice of their first national title could have 'em delirious and maybe hurtin'. Ole Miss has bad flaws, no question, but they can also be dangerous. Their defense, like Auburn's, is weak against the pass but strong in the Front 7. Masoli is a much better quarterback (arm and legs) than Jordan Jefferson, and we saw what both Jefferson and Mallett did to Auburn. Could be a trap game if they don't come out 100% focused.

11/6 UT-Chattanooga- Name-your-score beatdown, especially if they survive Ole Miss. Rest your starters, get the youngins some needed PT, get anybody who's hurtin' a chance to heal.

11/13 Georgia- Everyone in the world had Georgia written down as dead and buried after the 0-3 SEC start and the loss at Colorado. Look who's won three in a row. If they knock off Florida (very possible), and South Carolina's annual late-season collapse arrives as scheduled, they could find themselves in contention for Atlanta going into their conference finale game on the Plains. A Dawgs team that still has something to play for in a rivalry that is always heated means Auburn, once again, has to show up ready to play A+ football to be guaranteed the win.

11/20- Bye Week to rest and recover from Georgia and prepare for the Iron Bowl. Perfect, perfect timing.

11/26- Alabama. While this is a tough game, believe it or not, I really, REALLY like Auburn in this one if they get here undefeated or with just one loss. Saban is a defensive master, but is he really head-and-shoulders above Chavis? Not really. And is 'Bama's talent on defense head-and-shoulders better than LSU's? Nope, again, not really. Maybe equal, but certainly not better. No doubt, Saban's gonna have a great gameplan, but even he has to admit he cannot totally shut down Cam Newton, it's about containment. I don't think he or anyone else can do it. Alabama's offense, again, you have a quarterback, McElroy, who has made clutch throws in the past when he had to, but ain't exactly Peyton Manning, so the match-up favors the Auburn D when Bama has the ball (run game vs. run defense). I think, whether it's Auburn O vs. Bama D or other-way-round, the matchups really favor Auburn. I think they are gonna take Bama.

I think our best hope relies in a rapidly-developing #1 Curse, and Georgia, although Bama beating Auburn is certainly possible. I just don't see it happening this year though.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I hope they do go unbeaten. Miles couldn't do it, but Nick will put in a plan to take care of business.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

sorry man, but that game is going to be the "pad your heisman run" game. Newton will get rested 6 minutes into the 4th after he has rushed for 500 and thrown for 300.