Auburn loss(es)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by T1gerfive, Oct 25, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah but can you wait and see if Auburn is still undefeated going into the Bama game? or at least until after we play Bama? If we lose to Bama, then screw it, go undefeated Auburn. But if we beat Bama, and Auburn loses to someone else before they play Bama, we still in the hunt baby.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Bama definitely beats em'

3. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

I wouldn't bet on it. Granted Saban is good with defenses, but the key for Bama is their offense. They way I see it to beat Auburn you have to keep Newton and Co. on the bench.

4. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I was impressed with Auburn on Saturday. I realize that we don't have the offense to expose their pass defense. But I am not sure Bama's is all world either. And Bama's defense does not look fantastic -- which is what it would take to stop Newton.

Clearly, teams like Ole Miss and George are always dangerous.

But I am going out on a limb and say Auburn goes undefeated.

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Auburn has had the home schedule in their favor like no other. Clemson, South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU and eventually Georgia, in a few weeks. Clearly the cream of the SEC this season. Miss. St. and Kentucky were interesting games, score wise, on the road.

The schedule has been more then kind and has lead to this resurgence as much as Newton. Interesting November.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yes. Cam Newton is that good.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The only reason that I don't want them to go undefeated is that I can't stand it when a team is a one-man show. Personally, I don't think that such a team has any business going undefeated in the SEC; I don't care how good that "one man" is.

However, if it results in Auburn extending Gene Chizik's contract for another 20 years, then maybe it would be a positive for the rest of the SECW.:D

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I hope they do... their the last of the undefeated in the SEC and more than likely the last chance for the SEC to keep it's grip on the BCS.
    UGA will get demolished by Auburn, and Ole Piss doesn't have a chance... the Iron Bowl is the last chance and I don't think Bama can stop them, of course they do have an offense to compete with Auburn so that winner will determine it.

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I don't think AU goes undefeated.

Bama has as tough a D as we do, but .. they have an offense to go with it. And while Cam is the nominee, he'll be playing against a recipient. And don't underestimate McElroy's arm .... more so, don't underestimate the Bama offensive line. Saban won't pull a Les Miles .. he'll exploit the crap out of the week pass defense of AU ... loosen up the D, and then run Richardson and Ingram down for long runs.

Personally, I see Bama taking the cake. They will beat us, and they will beat AU. AU will flub up and loose a sleeper, and end up 10-2. Even if they only loose to Bama, and both end up one loss teams, Bama goes to the SEC CG because they won the head to head. We end up 9-3 and are out of the hunt. Bama goes to the SEC CG, but it doesn't help because the East is weak on paper ... thus they win the SEC, but they don't go to the NC.

Oregon will be playing in the NC against either Michigan State or Missou for the title. BSU and TCU will continue to whine that they weren't considered.

That's how I see it.

I wish I could say ... :geaux: ... but I just don't see it happening!

10. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I like Chizik, he is a good coach. He is a no BS down-to-earth type guy. He doesn't try to act like God. Even without Newton, he has made Auburn a much better team. Anyone who can't see that needs to open their eyes.