Auburn makes me sick

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SyrTiger, Oct 20, 2010.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I haven't been an LSU fan for long. Even now I still am learning quite a bit about the past and present players. Part of not being a past LSU fan means that I didn't grow up watching LSU, nor their battles with other SEC teams. However, there's one thing that I do know. Auburn makes me sick. Below will be a bunch of reasons that I compiled as to why I was destined to create this post, as well as reasons that I found on the internet. I figure I didn't have the same feelings as I would if I was at some places or games, but I wanted to have an informed post as best I could.

Auburn makes me sick first and foremost because of Pat Dye. I was born to hate the man. My mom was at the 1988 Sugar Bowl(1987 season) where he elected to tie Syracuse's best team ever. Auburn went on to be ranked 7 at the end of the season, Syracuse 4th. Nice accomplishment, [expletive]. I think the worst part about it is that(from what I hear) he was happy about the game and how it ended.

Even to this day, my family hasn't forgotten, nor have they forgiven. I called last week and my grandmother said, "Your mom will want LSU to win next week. She hates Auburn and she said (after the 1988 game) that she hoped they never won another game." I expect to talk to her again this week and ask about it, and to receive the same answer, with a few more insults about "package size" and/or "female genitalia" when talking about Dye.

Lastly on this point, I found a nice quote from a friendly poster on another forum. I think it captures the emotion pretty well(posted in 2008).

Let me also point out that 2004 did little to nothing to diminish the feelings of the Syracuse fans. However, it makes me sick that Auburn would even think about naming themselves national championships. They have no more right to try and do so than Boise St does for 2006.

Auburn sucks because they have a QB who should be a convicted felon. Mr. Newton should be back in Florida with all of the other criminals picking up garbage on the side of the street in a white jumpsuit. He shouldn't be anywhere near a college football field, nor should he receive any Heisman talk. "Integrity" is not a word I associate with Auburn or Cam Newton.

Integrity. Ask an Auburn fan what it means if you want to confuse them. SMU got the death penalty by the NCAA, but trailing right behind them in terms of NCAA major infractions is Auburn. They've had 7 major infractions and been placed on probation numerous times.

Auburn makes me sick because any team that would think to smoke on the field at Tiger Stadium...well makes me sick. I guarantee as a student if it ever happens again and I see it, I will throw a hot dog as far as I can and hit whoever it is right in the face. Had I been there it might have gotten ugly(well maybe not since I would have been like 9, but if I was my age now it would have).

Auburn makes me sick because they for some reason that I will not research further, are nicknamed the Tigers. What's worse is, rather than correct the obvious mistake and just move onto their regular mascot of a bird anyway, they have kept the Tigers nickname. If Ole Miss can change theirs from a plantation owner to a bear, surely Auburn can get rid of the Tigers nickname and let the school who deserves and embraces the name have it.

OK I'm done ranting for now. Feel free to add stuff, because I know there's others here that hate Auburn.

3 people like this.
  2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Operative word being 'former'. He didn't do it while he was here.

Before the resurgence of Bama, the winner of this game usually won the West. There's no love lost between us, from the the cigar incident that you alluded to, to the BS calls at Jordan-Hare (where this year's game just so happens to be) in '04 and '06 that cost us a chance to win the games. The blatant pass interference no call in '06 at the end of the game, was just one of several one sided calls that went against us that day. It really hurt because we were probably the best team in the nation that year (we were at the very least, playing the best football out of anyone at the end of the year), so that game POTENTIALLY cost us another SEC Championship and perhaps the first of 2 national championships.

In the past, the home team usually came out on top (AU with a little home cooking), but we've won the last 3. Good to see this game mean something again.

Welcome to the rivalry. :thumb:

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

SyrTiger......you should invert your screen name to TigerSyr.....You're definitely one of us.

:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  5. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

I'm not going to argue the Syracuse stuff because I can understand you being upset about that, but are you brain damaged? He bought a laptop that turned out to be stolen and panicked when the police came around. He deserves to be a convicted felon about like my daughter who hit her sister the other day deserves to be grounded for a year. The kid had never been in any trouble before and hasn't been in any since. Once the full story was revealed, he went through the same sort of pre-trial diversion program any first time "offender" would be offered and the charges were dropped.

Not to mention, a quick Google search turned up at least 3 or 4 LSU players arrested over the last few years, including things like assault and battery of a police officer. Glass houses and stuff.

If you simply read your own board, you would know why we're nicknamed the Tigers and why you have no exclusive claim to it.

I'm all for a good rant. It'd be nice if key points had some connection to actual events though. You're entitled to your own opinions, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

1 person likes this.
  6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

As much as I hate to agree with a Barner, I he's right. From all appearances, Newton seems like a good kid that got caught up in a bad situation. He's certainly not a thug.

Besides, we can't really say much because we are or were courting Zach Mettenberger (sp?), who's crime was a lot worse then anything Cam Newton ever did.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

OH NO, NOT POT!!!!!! WOE IS ME!!!!!! WHAT A CRIMINAL!!!! IS THERE NO JUSTICE!!!!!!! WHAT A BLACK EYE ON THE PROGRAM!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

oh and by the way SyrTiger, Welcome to Death Valley son, you earned your purple and gold!

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Auburn doesnt make me sick, the pre-game jitters in my stomach I have had all week have by far have made me more sick than any of those listed above.