Auburn needs to step up and make the right decision

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigs, Sep 15, 2004.

1. lsutigs

lsutigs Founding Member

I am sorry, I want us to play as much as the next guy, but the hurricane is now forecasted to hit close to the Miss/Bama line and then virtually stall out over the state. Flooding is more the issue than wind. I just don't get it, and quite honestly I am suprised that both the Slive and AU have not postponed the game. I guess safetyis never a concern when LSU comes to play. They want to beat us that bad. Ohh, well, we will use this motivation to destroy them.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

There's no reason to make a decision before it happens. What if something miraculous happens and Ivan loses much of its punch before hitting land? This happened to us here in Louisiana a few years ago when Lilly (??) suddenly weakened right before landfall. Or it could take a sudden right turn and go into Florida.

Wait for it to happen, assess the damage, then make a decision...

3. lsutigs

lsutigs Founding Member

not gonna happen, not this time.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

But what's the harm in waiting before making a decision?

5. lsutigs

lsutigs Founding Member

I guess none, I just think this whole thing has been a huge distraction for both teams. I hope they play. There will be about 45,000 people at the game, maybe. Let's just let it bite Auburn on the ass. Tubby said all its gonna do is rain. Lets just play!

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

The harm is making evacuees drive PAST Auburn, because all hotels are booked for the game. The hotels won't release the rooms as long as the game is still scheduled!

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Well ... there's no accounting for common sense ...

especially in Alabama ... but I'd think folks would not look to stop at Auburn where hurricane force winds could occur 12 hours after landfall

Yup ... hurricane force winds 12 hours after landfall ... right in Auburn's back yard ...

and they want an LSU Tiger after they finish skinning this grizzly bear Ivan :hihi:

Tubby has let his alligator mouth overload his hummingbird azz yet again :dis:

8. Wishbone

Wishbone Freshman

I'm sitting in the eye in Mobile and I say GAME ON! No where to run, no where to hide LSU!

9. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Tubby does not want to cancel this game period. If the game is rescheduled then Auburn will play nine straight games with LSU, Georgia and Alabama all in a row (not necessarily in that order). Plus, I'm sure he knows that the team he would face in November will be much better than the one he would face this Saturday. :hihi:

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

[​IMG]Wishbone & BloodTypeOandB