Auburn Play by Play announcer in serious condition

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, May 15, 2003.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Jim Fyffe, the Auburn Play by Play announcer, has suffered an aneurysm and is in serious condition. I was listening to the radio here in Alabama this morning and he is not in very good shape. Thought the real tiger nation will keep him in their prayers as he is one of the better guys in the business.

2. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Sadly, Jim Fyffe has passed away. The Auburn family is just cut to the heart. I don't know if you guys have had the same play by play guy for a long time, but for a lot of Auburn folks, Jim is the only voice of Auburn we remember. He had a signature style and his "TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!" calls will be so missed.

Keep his family and the Auburn family in your prayers, please. :(

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

So sad to hear that. I can say that the entire TigerForums.com family expresses our condolences to Mr. Fyffe's family and the Auburn community.

May God bless Jim Fyffe and his family.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I grew up in Auburn and I can remember "Touchdown Auburn" pretty vividly. It is easy to grow close to a hometown announcer and feel like you know them even though you've never met. I know I feel like I know Jim Hawthorne now that I've been living in BR for a while and listening to his LSU broadcasts.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Wow that is sad news...

Even though we are Rivals, we are all southern brothers and in the SEC.

God bless him, his family and the Auburn family for his this

Geaux Tigers
    War Eagle - (Yes I said it.. situations like this put some perspective on things. this is sad news)

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I only heard Jim Fyffe once. I was driving from Chicago to Baton Rouge and going through the radio dial trying to pick up the 1999 LSU - Auburn game. Even though we lost 31-7 I listened all the way from Missouri, through Arkansas and until I got near Memphis when the scratchy broadcast faded away for good. I have to say that if he had been the LSU play by play man and the game had been going the Tigers way I would have thoroughly enjoyed his enthusiasm. Auburn fans have lost a great one