Auburn vs LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerDevil, Oct 21, 2003.

1. TigerDevil

TigerDevil Freshman

First off, let me say you guys have a great forum. I have really enjoyed it .

LSU will not have its starting RBs against Auburn. Although they amy be good,Auburn has shut down the league 2 of the best in the league in Cedric Cobbs And Houtston of TN. I don't think you will have much success against our front seven. So I think Mauck will have to have real good passing day to beat Auburn. I don't think Campbell will win it for Auburn by passing. Auburn will definitely have to be able to run the ball. LSU has shut down some runing backs, but I don't think there is one in the SEC or the country better than Carnell Williams right now. And Ronnie Brown is going to be the no.2 guy this week. I know you guys have a great defense, but you were also the number 1 defense in the nation before we played you guys last year.

Should be a great game

AUburn 28
    LSU 24

2. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

18-14 will be more like it. Too much Defense for that much scoring.

3. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Last year, we were the number one defense before we played you. And, ti was our inadequate backup QB that determined the whole flow of the game. It is a huge mistake to confuse last year's defense with this year's unit. Tuberville calls it the best defense in the country, and that is more than just coach-speak. At Arkansas, you had less than 300 yards total offense. LSU is not Arkansas...LSU is better. So, I do not see where you think 28 points are coming from. Campbell? And, the Tennessee win is not so impressive since their defense is nothing special. Yes, Auburn is a fine team, but it amazes me how much people overrate you and underrate us. I fully expect LSU to win this game at home. LSU matches up very well with Auburn and will limit AU's running attack. This game will be a low scoring battle regardless.

4. LSU FAN 73

LSU FAN 73 Freshman

I agree with Jwho, Low scoring game. These two defenses are great. The only matchup that clearly favors one team over the other is LSU's passing offense vs. Auburn's passing defense. Otherwise all other statistical matchups cancel themselves out.

5. TigerDevil

TigerDevil Freshman

Good points, but I think you overrate your offense. You has no offensive TDs against Florida. Mauck is not good enough to beat Auburn.We will see how good your defense is. I personally think we rush for over 200 yards, but we'll see saturday.

WAR EAGLE...................

6. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

UGA is better than FLA and LSu still beat them. UGA will beat AU also.

7. TigerDevil

TigerDevil Freshman

I know UGA is better than Florida and Florida beat you! UGA won't beat us and neither will you.

AUburn 28
    LSU 24

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

It really is amazing to me to see some of these Auburn fans,
    thinking that they can get more than 19 points on us when
    thats as many as we've given up all year in one game.

Georgia couldn't do that against us and I truely believe they
    have a Better offense than Auburn, I also willl bet that the
    Gators have a better offense than the Auburn Tigers.

Saturday can't get here fast enough for me so that we can
    prove ourselves once and for all.

"protect the Homeland say no to War Eagles"

9. TigerDevil

TigerDevil Freshman

I respect your opinion SD man. I just think you and all LSU fans will be shocked at how balanced and well Auburn plays this Saturday. You think you've seen defense; just wait until you see Karlos Dansby and Co. If Carnell doesn't get a hundred yards, I'll be the first one to give your defense its props. But I don't think it will happen.

10. aubcollier

aubcollier Freshman

LSUFan73, how can you not see a difference in the two teams running back's approaching coming into this game? I think if you go and look at some recent stats you will see that you will not have a running back coming onto the field saturday that is playing like Carnel.