Auburn War Chicken Stat

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 9, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Auburn has played

USC Trojans and lost

W. Carolina and won

Vandy and won

MSU and won

SYRACUSE and won

Now did you know that in the 4 wins that Auburn has they Still have yet to beat a team that has won a game over a Divison 1A school.

ITS SO LOUD YOU DEAF

2. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

I totally agree with you DeafValley, but if you had to live with them in the state of Alabama and listen to them on a daily basis you would here just the opposite. I'm just glad someone else notices the facts! An LSU win over Auburn would tickle "Bama Nation" almost as much as it would tickle the Bayou Bengals!
    Geaux Tigers! and Roll Tide!

3. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

It always amazes me that no matter what Auburn does, good or bad, people still manage to find a way to trash us or should I say, downplay our accomplishments. And I am by no means trying to glorify what we have done so far. But I havent heard any Auburn fans saying that we were National Championship worthy or anything, and we are 4-1 and we are happy with that. Its not our fault those teams we beat cant win a game, and with the exception of the Syracuse game we have pretty much blown our opponents out. Which using your logic is what we should have done considering those teams havent beaten a Div.1 team yet. If we had lost to those teams you would still be talking bad about us, but its become pretty obvious to me that talking bad about Auburn is just what some people live to do. The SEC has become a wide open race this season, especially with last weekends results. I personally think its great, it has made things a lot more interesting and a lot more fun to watch. And even you guys on here have said the West will come down to head to head matchups between Auburn LSU and Alabama. So lets just look ahead to the rest of the season, and not worry about the records of schools that other teams have beaten. The good part of the season is here, its pretty much all conference play from here on out. So lets just look at conference results now, because thats what really matters to get your team to Atlanta. I look forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks, its gonna be a great game.

WAR EAGLE!!

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

C'mon now. You know we arent the only ones. Auburn folks say the same thing about us. FSU says the same things about Florida. This isnt isolated to us trashing Auburn.

We happen to have the number one defense in the country right now. Hop over to Gator Nation and you will find PLENTY of UF posts downplaying our accomplishments. "Who cares if your defense is ranked 1st nationally; you havent played Florida yet." Yeah, well thats true. I dont think we will hold Florida to our average of 115 passing yards a game. I dont think Auburn will keep scoring 40 points a game. Its too premature for any of that right now.

Well, I have. I have seen lots of posts at WEN to the tune of "We can go 11-1!" However, thats neither here nor there.

I can agree with all the rest of that. Thanks for the level-headed post.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

At least we all agree that . . .

the University of Alabama is the State of Alabama's number one football university. The others are mere pretenders.

Even the Auburn fan agreed, I think (I only scanned his post).

It's nice to agree on some things.

6. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Ummm I never said that UAT is the number one football program in the state. And as far as this season is concerned I think that Auburn and Alabama are pretty evenly matched.

WAR EAGLE!!

7. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

I like the "UAT."

Makes them sound equal with "UAB." Funny stuff (sorry if that's old and I'm just catching on...)

C'mon, Friday, GET OVER WITH!! I need a few drinks this evening, a crisp, cool fall morning during which I can make a gigantic pot of Jambalaya, a few more drinks, and a TIGER VICTORY!!

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Hey Joe, Im coming to your house. ;)