Auburn Wins People's Choice NC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Get busy :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Damn, since when did they get electricity in Opelika, much less internet access? :rofl:

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I just wanted to say publicly that Aubarn deserved a chance to play for the national championship.

Then again, so did Utah and Boise State.

4. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

I agree on Utah but Boise flunked their "chance" against Louisville.

5. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

I'll give it to you Proud Tiger. I have no objections. You are as much National Champions this year as USC was last year. :thumb:

In all fairness, my honest opinion is that a fans poll is probably as good or better as that stupid AP poll. It sure can't be any worse. The AP voters aren't objective, and they probably don't watch as many games as the average college football fan.

Of course this years National Championship was a joke from the beginning. We were the legitimate National Champs last year because we won the BCS National Championship game played between the two best teams. At that time the BCS poll was decided mainly by unbiased computers, and strength of schedule was included. That's how we made the game, and USC didn't. It wasn't because we were popular and a bunch of panzy AP writers and college coach assistants voted us in. We earned our spot in the game, and we earned that crystal football. The BCS was a joke this year because, as I'm sure you know, the strength of schedule component was completely removed, and the unbiased computer rankings were reduced to 1/3 of the total, and the biased AP and Coaches polls made up 2/3. In other words, the BCS was decided by the AP and Coaches poll, and all of them had decided before the season even started that USC and OU were going to the Orange Bowl. And although they were 2 of the best teams this year, it didn't matter what any other team acomplished. USC and OU started ranked #1 and #2, and unless one of them lost, no one else was going to that game. And that's total bullcrap.

Here's where I should start my shpeal about how neither of the polls should come out until after at least the 4th game of the season, so that every team has a better chance to start at the top, but I'll refrain. I always write too much anyway.

I'll shut up.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Is that rumor thing about the 17-year-old cutting it off early because USC fans were taking it over....true? :lol:

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Just a rumor.... sorta... Just as those USC fans started voting en masse, his mom told him to turn off his 'webserver' (his dad's computer actually) and get to bed. The yard around the trailer had to be mowed first thing in the morning!

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

His dad caught him!!!!

[​IMG]

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Must have adopted. :hihi: