Auburn won fair and squar today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sounds7, Sep 18, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Lack of execution when they had opportunities was what beat LSU not a few bad calls by the refs. LSU should have won this game going away.

2. BustemBigBlue

BustemBigBlue Freshman

I wouldn't expect anything less than a bunch of lame excuses from LSU fans. The PAT penalty was completely legit. Even your coach admitted the call should have been made and he's on the rules committee. It may have been "a cheap way to lose a game" but theres no disputing the fact the penalty occured. LSU has been the luckiest team in the nation for awhile and finally your luck ran out. If your all world defense had stopped us on that final drive this wouldn't even be an issue.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

LSU did not lose because of a bad call and those that think they did know nothing about football. LSU lost because they couldn't get the ball to wide open recievers and killed themselves with stupid penalties at crucial times. LSU lost to LSU Saturday, they have no one to blame for the lack of execution but themselves.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually, everything you say is correct.
    Auburn was lucky to win but win they did. I say lucky, because they overcame Tubby's stupidity and they scored on their last possible play. LSU is lucky to be 2-1 and 2-1 we are. I am not making excuses, though. It's like golf. Hit one out of bounds, drop another ball and hit it. Forget the OB and move on. If you focus on the bad shot you'll ruin the entire round.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

And the board IQ drops as another moron types

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

We play this game ten times and LSU wins 8. Count your blessings you guys got us win you did. See you next year and bring a crying towel for after you get over the shock :thumb: :rofl:

7. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

There will be a lot of questionable calls brought up about the game. Fact remains is that we still get the losss, that doesn't change. A lot of mistakes were made and we lost by one. We still have a whole season ahead of us.

-To all of you Auburn fans, live this up right now because next year, y'all will be up SH** creek without a paddle. Auburn play a good ball game and did the right things at the right time, but next year, the game is in Baton Rouge and you better believe that we will have sweet revenge on our minds. Good game Auburn but, you have got a long road ahead.

How about Georgia and Ohio State? Auburn for that fact. By the way, last year country beating of Auburn wasn't luck, 31-7 is dominating.

8. VanGeaux

VanGeaux Founding Member

Please spare me in using the "TV guys" as your proof that it was a bad call. Those were the worst sportscasters I have ever heard in my life. All day long they got calls and players names wrong and were totally biased towards Auburn. I had to mute it in the second quarter and listen to it on the radio.

9. saltyoldmarine

saltyoldmarine Freshman

This guy obviously doesnt know much if he thought that we would be able to play AU again this year, someone needs to study up on how conference ball is played.

10. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

what ever the case it was hard to swallow on a penalty. it is a tough way to finish a game like that. moving on to this week and see if we can win out. if you have to take an L do it early and win the rest.... this team will get better each week....